Libre 2 > Garmin 735XT watch or other Garmin devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnmuk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

I use the Libre 2 which is great. In the last couple of months if connecting a Libre 2 to JUST your phone it has become a CGM (I always preferred scanning with the meter rather than the phone). I have a Google Pixel 6 Android phone which the LibreLink app works fine on. I have 2 Garmin watches (VivoActive and 735XT) and 2 Garmin bike computers (Edge 200 and Edge 1000). The Garmin 735XT is the newest device and I'd love to see the current LibreLink level to show on the Garmin watch, does anyone know if this is possible and how please?

Thank you, Robert

I've been wanting libre readings on my 645 music and not confident about using xdrip etc.
I get low glucose alarms if levels are below the user set level. I was thinking of setting the high level alert low so you get a constant feed to your watch though this might be too often with libre contacting your handset then watch every 60 seconds like it currently does.

I get low glucose alarms if levels are below the user set level. I was thinking of setting the high level alert low so you get a constant feed to your watch though this might be too often with libre contacting your handset then watch every 60 seconds like it currently does.
Juggluco generates (or does by default) notifications for every reading and that's one way to get the readings displayed on a watch. (I'm pretty sure xDrip+ also does this.) (No reason why LibreLink couldn't do that, but I don't know whether it does.)

Abbott stopped sharing data, the only way with Libre is through a 3rd party app, Juggluco, Diabox or xDrip. Its not difficult to do I think Diabox will push straight to a Garmin device. Is it worth it? well yes you dont need to get your phone out, I have to wait a few seconds for the reading but, it displays the BG, the time the reading was taken, the delta and the direction arrow.

20231010_225646.jpg

Thank you for all your replies, I did try Juggluco, but it seemed to mess up the Libre app up and stopped being a CGM and from then on required manual scanning.So ended up uninstalling it when I put the new sensor on.

It will mess the Libre app up as it is supposed to replace it completely. I thought the libre app would re-acquire the Bluetooth connection though from what I've read, though I don't use the libre app at all (I start sensors with the handheld device then don't touch it again unless I need to return a sensor and they want the error codes.)

I thought the libre app would re-acquire the Bluetooth connection though from what I've read,
I wouldn't expect it to, but I haven't updated the LibreLink app yet so perhaps the updated one does have that functionality. I do use LibreLink, but I just scan with it often enough that it gets most of the data. (I try and scan enough to get all the data but usually fail.)

Does the Juggluco upload service not work for you @Bruce Stephens ? (I don't use it, as I can use Tidepool via XDrip+ which is accepted as an input into by Diabetes MyWay which is what is used around here - before that came out my consultant was happy to accept an invite to Tidepool directly when I told her why I wasn't using Librelink)

Does the Juggluco upload service not work for you @Bruce Stephens ?
Haven't tried it. I quite like the LibreLink interface for its statistics, and I know the DSNs know the app. I also quite like the 24h TIR which LibreLink shows (which is why I haven't updated it).

Having had problems using the 3rd party Android apps such as Juggluco, Diabox and xDrip, I uninstalled them all to have a relatively problem-free Libre app again. However, I have just found these 3 apps on the Garmin Connect IQ Store which work brilliantly on my Garmin 735XT watch and don't stop the Libre app from working on my phone, because they use the LibreLink to get the data to the Garmin watch : CGM Connect datafield, CGM Connect Widget & CGM Connect Watchface digital. I have installed all 3 on my Garmin 735XT and now successfully get the Libre reading on my watch! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back