Libre 2 - Beyond 14 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My sensor keeps reminding me it runs out in a couple of days. So far, despite two letters from the clinic and enquiring I havent had a prescription for further sensors. Do the sensors just die at 14 days or?

Yes, I am afraid so. When they get down to the last hour they count down in minutes and then end. Really frustrated for you that you haven't got them on prescription yet. The whole NHS system just seems to be grinding to a slow halt.
Having said that it took me about 6 months to get them on prescription and I self funded during that time because I got sick of waiting and I found the data they gave me worth every penny, but I appreciate not everyone can afford that. That was 3 years ago when they were harder to get. It should be easier now. Chase up your clinic to make sure the letter has gone through to your GP.

Anywhere I could order one for delivery tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't really afford it on my £1100 total monthly pension but it is invaluable!

It may not arrive quite that quickly from Abbott's website. If you would be able to get to a pharmacy, you could ring them and see if they have one they can sell you?

And then if you can get the prescription issued by GP you can just pick it up for free instead

You should be able to get them on prescription @MikeyBikey - perhaps a pharmacist would be able to advance you one (like an emergency prescription?)

As I understand it, National guidance for NHS England is now that people with T1 qualify without having to jump through extra hoops.

You should be able to get them on prescription @MikeyBikey - perhaps a pharmacist would be able to advance you one (like an emergency prescription?)

As I understand it, National guidance for NHS England is now that people with T1 qualify without having to jump through extra hoops.

I had to jump through hoops, through flames and walk a tightrope whilst juggling for four years before the clinic OK'd Libre 2.
The good news is a prescription was issued but nobody told me and it did not show on my prescriptions in Patient Access! I am on 17 hours left now but still close to meter reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back