Libre 2 Armbands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Quick question for all you libre2 wearers, do any of you use these libre2 armbands and if so are they any good ? Screenshot_20220612-210001_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I use one for Libre 1 (same size as Libre 2) and for me it was money very well spent.
As a woman, I found sports bras were a real danger to my Libre and I also work outdoors a lot with animals, mostly horses that like to scrub on the nearest convenient human when they get back from a ride with a sweaty itchy face before bridle is removed, so lots of Libre danger there, plus I scrubbed a couple of sensors off in the shower with my exfoliating gloves, even though I used to keep thinking to myself, I must be careful my sensor is on my right/left arm at the moment. Now the armband gets pinged by the sports bra or the horses but the Libre stays safe and I have a clear visual reminder in the shower of which arm my sensor is on and not lost a single one since I started using the arm band about a year ago. I think it also provides a little pressure when the sensor is first applied which helps the adhesive to get a really good hold in that first 24hours which I thinks helps with it's overall long term adhesion. They are now like limpets to get off on day 14-15 whereas before the last few days I would find that they were starting to be more vulnerable to being caught on stuff and an edge lifting.
This is of course just my experience, but I wouldn't be without my arm band and will be ordering another one soon, so that I have a spare to alternate, perhaps in a more neutral colour for when I am going out as my current one is loud and proud neon green with black strap.

Nearly 4 years in I can still count on the fingers of one hand (thumb still to spare!) the number of times a Libre has come off. In my early nervous days I tried an armband and found I was far more bothered by that alien object on my arm than the thought of losing the Libre itself. I find preparation is key: wash, dry thoroughly with a roughish towel, quick swipe with an alcohol wipe, allow skin to dry while I get the applicator set up, apply quickly but firmly, leave alone for 10 mins or so before putting clothes on top. Job done.

Quick question for all you libre2 wearers, do any of you use these libre2 armbands and if so are they any good ? View attachment 21219
Hi,

Yes I use something like that because my very first sensor fell off within about 2 hours of me putting it on, which was a bit disheartening. I mainly use them when I'm in bed and when showering. I used to wear them during the day also. Honestly I think they're excellent, and quite comfortable, easily adjustable, plus they're a visual reminder that you have a sensor on your arm, and will take the brunt of any knocks. The ones I use are at the link below, they're essentially the same as the ones you have shown. I've got 2 of them, so I have a spare while the other one is drying after I've taken a shower or exercised etc.

Last edited:
Like @JJay I have had no need for a band to hold my LIbre in place. Even when my Libre was topped by a MiaoMiao, it stuck like a limpet.
My advice would be to try the Libre without a band and then decide whether you have "limpet skin" and only spend the money if you lose a sensor.
Take care if you do decide to use a strap that it is not too tight: pressure applied to the sensor will cause compression lows (falsely low readings) and negate the value of the Libre.

Thank you for all your helpful replies , I have had no problems with my libre falling off , quite the opposite, it still puts up a hell of a struggle to get it off once it's ended , but I saw these advertised and just wondered if it was something I should be using .
Many thanks again
Martin

Thank you for all your helpful replies , I have had no problems with my libre falling off , quite the opposite, it still puts up a hell of a struggle to get it off once it's ended , but I saw these advertised and just wondered if it was something I should be using .
Many thanks again
Martin
I've also never used one. (I've occasionally stuck something over the top of one, but not usually even that.)

If you can usefully use one you probably know, and it's great that people have made them for those cases.

I use one. Best thing I’ve ever got for making sure it stays put! The number of times I’ve taken it off to change my sensor at the end of 14 day and it’s more or less fallen off is countless!

Did use to use tubular bandage, but that's while back & not seemed to have knocked one off since, even before using bandage only dislodged 1.

Still clean skin with alcohol swab despite Abbott being tight & withdrawing them from box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back