Libre 2 app on phone, no reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisycoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Anyone else have issues with the alarms not going off on high/low libre2? I’ve done every check possible through every settings on app and iPhone and still have no alarms going off. I just scan when I don’t feel right, was told by the nurse I didn’t need a reader as I have the app, only had it 3 days and the no notifications/alarms are doing my box right in.
I hear from my team mon/tues, going to ask for a reader again, surely not being given one is a bit dangerous, especially through the night if I ever go high/low

Thanks for the tag @Inka
However, as I don’t use the official Libre app and use an Android phone, I can’t help @Daisycoo
Typically, this is a phone set up problem and, whilst the reader does not have these issues it is another thing to carry around (and lose).
The Libre freephone number may be able to help tomorrow.
Unfortunately, there may be a shortage of readers - they have been out of stock on the Libre website for some time.

Hi @Daisycoo

Have you got allow notifications turned on and critical alerts turned on? In the settings and libre app?

which iPhone do you have ?

Everything is on in my phone settings and app. High again now with no alarm set off. Bit frustrating now

I think the alarm only goes off until you cancel and scan then if it goes high again the alarm doesn’t sound again until it goes back in to target then high (or low) again.

Which iPhone do you have ?

I have the 11pro max, I got the libre on Friday. I’ve been high into 20+ yesterday, few over 14 today and not one alarm has went off at all to warn me. Was set up/started with the phone during Fridays appointment. For talking sake, if I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it (just to see if anything changes) would the sensor I have on be ok? Would I loose the 3 days data etc and have to start it all over again?

If you uninstall the app you will lose the data on your phone but I think it will be on the cloud. I’m not sure if you reinstall it if it will still read the sensor or not. I haven’t tried and to be honest wouldn’t if it’s only a few days old.

How about turning all the alarms off and then redoing the alarms maybe changing them a little higher or lower and see if that works.

sorry I can be more helpful.

I’ll give that a try and speak with my team tomorrow, thank you for your help all the same 🙂 I appreciate it

@Inka Sorry I can't help much as I'm still very happily on Libre 1 with a reader (I don't have a compatible phone), so no alarms and I am a bit of a technophobe.

I requested a replacement Libre 2 reader through Abbott months ago because I was supposed to be being upgraded to the Libre 2 but no sign of the reader or my prescription being changed and I am not unhappy about that judging by the problems some people are experiencing with the Libre 2. The original Libre works well for me and I don't feel I need the alarms.

That said, @Daisycoo have you checked that the sensor is actually a Libre 2 sensor with alarm capability and not one of the original Libre models that doesn't have any alarms.... Just a thought....

Also, what are your readings like apart from the high ones you mention? If you are not going down into range yet because you are very newly diagnosed then the alarms will not reset and therefore not activate when you go very high again which is what @Bexlee is saying. Have you been taught/authorized to do corrections yet? Just wondering if you are worrying unnecessarily about these high levels if you have no real means of doing anything about them? It is normal to bring levels down slowly in these first few weeks, so whilst levels in the 20s are higher than you would like, I would expect you to probably be getting quite a few mid teens. The time to worry is when you get to high 20s and 30s. Are you testing for ketones when your levels are high (mid teens and above)?

@Inka Sorry I can't help much as I'm still very happily on Libre 1 with a reader (I don't have a compatible phone), so no alarms and I am a bit of a technophobe.

I requested a replacement Libre 2 reader through Abbott months ago because I was supposed to be being upgraded to the Libre 2 but no sign of the reader or my prescription being changed and I am not unhappy about that judging by the problems some people are experiencing with the Libre 2. The original Libre works well for me and I don't feel I need the alarms.

That said, @Daisycoo have you checked that the sensor is actually a Libre 2 sensor with alarm capability and not one of the original Libre models that doesn't have any alarms.... Just a thought....

Also, what are your readings like apart from the high ones you mention? If you are not going down into range yet because you are very newly diagnosed then the alarms will not reset and therefore not activate when you go very high again which is what @Bexlee is saying. Have you been taught/authorized to do corrections yet? Just wondering if you are worrying unnecessarily about these high levels if you have no real means of doing anything about them? It is normal to bring levels down slowly in these first few weeks, so whilst levels in the 20s are higher than you would like, I would expect you to probably be getting quite a few mid teens. The time to worry is when you get to high 20s and 30s. Are you testing for ketones when your levels are high (mid teens and above)?
Hi,
Slowly getting into the mid/low teens had a couple 4~5s but shoot’s up again. Saturday was terrible for 20+ but wasn’t feeling the healthiest, better now. Think I overtreated the 4/hypo? Was my first so a little panic but we live and learn. I can do corrections, thankfully I was taught this on Friday. I’ll speak with m team definitely the Libre2 I have, seen it all being opened I front of me. Never mind I’m sure it’s just me being technically challenged haha. Thank you for all your help, it’s appreciated. This forum is worth its weight in gold!

Had this in email from Abbott re settings and alarm for IOS 15

Scheduled Summary:
Tap Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary > Turn off apps in the “Apps Summary” list
Immediate Delivery:
Tap Settings > Notifications > LibreLink / LibreLinkUp > Notifications > Turn ON Immediate Delivery
Focus Mode:
Tap Settings > Focus > (Select a mode) > Add apps to the list of “Allowed Apps” for each mode

Alternatively, in the app, you can go to Alarms via the main menu and turn on “Override Do Not Disturb” to always receive glucose alarms from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors. These notifications will always make a sound, even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.

Had this in email from Abbott re settings and alarm for IOS 15

Scheduled Summary:
Tap Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary > Turn off apps in the “Apps Summary” list
Immediate Delivery:
Tap Settings > Notifications > LibreLink / LibreLinkUp > Notifications > Turn ON Immediate Delivery
Focus Mode:
Tap Settings > Focus > (Select a mode) > Add apps to the list of “Allowed Apps” for each mode

Alternatively, in the app, you can go to Alarms via the main menu and turn on “Override Do Not Disturb” to always receive glucose alarms from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors. These notifications will always make a sound, even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Thanks for this, I’ve tried all this again. See what happens tonight. Abbott are sending out a new sensor, think this one might a a little faulty with the connection’s. Getting a reader next week so hoping that will do the job if my phone/sensor is still being a prat. Luckily everything else is working with the libre bar the alarms.

If you saw my reply that I have since deleted, I got your post mixed up with someone with similar symptoms who had a Motorola phone that is perhaps not compatible. Having posted it, I re-read your original post and realised my mistake. Still wish you luck 🙂
Should be more cautious replying on this forum. Do not want to post bad information.

For those lamenting the current shortage of Libre 2 readers, the answer is simple if you look at the small print on the reverse of the reader. They are made in China, so they are probably stuck in a container waiting for a lorry, or somewhere on a ship turned away because there's no room at the ports while they search for all those EU HGV drivers who went home after Brexit. They may, of course, be emptying said container using Transit vans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back