Libre 2 and Tetrasole

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Early in the year I brought a Libre sensor off Tetrasole vis Amazon. My sensor that had been on for only a few days having to be removed for an MRI. No freebie replacement from Abbot as it has not failed and no old sensor as it had immediately been thrown into a massive sharps box. The GP practice deem I have two every 28 days and trying to get a spare off then is akin to "blood from a stone"! Anyway my sensor expires on Friday. The pharmacy delivers every Monday and Thursday to the "housebound". I expected it last Thursday and then Monday but it did not arrive. Aurtorisation of a repeat now takes linger than ever so I decided to get a spare. Tetrasole recently sent me a £10 discount voucher but they have no stock. Has anybody used any supplier with reasnoble charges and fast delivery?

Did you contact Abbott about the sensor you had to remove for the MRI as I believe they usually replace them.

Did you contact Abbott about the sensor you had to remove for the MRI as I believe they usually replace them.
Think that’s mainly for emergency MRIs, for planned ones they sometimes seem to replace and sometimes expect that if you knew you had an MRI only a day or two into a sensor starting you should have just put it on afterwards.

Mikey it’s worth trying to build yourself a buffer of a spare one, so next time you have a sensor fall off or fail, get the replacement from abbot but then order your prescription on time too. Youll then have a few days buffer, repeat process with next replacement and you’ll then have a spare one at home for when needed.

I had a medication review with the surgery pharmacist yesterday. He is trying to get me an extra Libre pack so I do not get in this situation again but it needs GP signoff. Hopefully there is no issue and the RPTL (repeat prescription team leader) who suspects all patients of hoarding medication doesn't get in the loop. He is also adding my test syrups back on my repeat as they was pulled now I am on Libre (obviously they do not fully understand you need to check them - sometimes frequently).

If you feel you need to purchase a spare Libre (which in itself is shocking), why not buy direct from Abbott?
I have read elsewhere that they will not replace sensors from third party suppliers if they are faulty. So, for peace of mind it makes sense to buy directions

Back