Libre 2 and Miao Miao… Confusing myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have a Libre 2 (which I’m not massively keen on compared to the 1), I take MDI and have a Fitbit Charge 4 and an iPhone.

I’ve been looking into low carb and was having a nose around Instagram for food inspiration and discovered someone who (at the time) used a Libre with a Miao Miao and got their sugars on their Fitbit Versa watch.

Is it worth it? What apps to I also need to use?

I‘m really disappointed with the alarms on the Libre 2, they’re so slow! I normally already know & have scanned by the time they go off. I don’t want to sleep with my phone in my bedroom, but if I start the scanner with the sensor then the phone doesn’t do any alarms, and if I start with my phone the sensor won’t work at all. Will the Miao Miao on a suitable watch remove all this? (My husband has an old Apple Watch 2, would that work?)

Isn’t there a Libre 3 in the pipeline? Will this solve my issues and it’s not worth forking out for a MM? Will the Libre 3 be available on the NHS? Will the Libre 3 work with the MM?

I know low carb and technology will get me to where I want to be with my control, but I’ve no idea how to work it all out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back