Libre 2 and Massage Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.

gll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Got a voucher for Christmas for a massage which I want to book but wanted to check - will the oils mess with and loosen the adhesive tape on the sensor?
Anything else to know about beforehand?

I think they would @gll One person on YouTube uses oil to loosen the adhesive when he removes his sensor. Personally I’d just ask them to avoid that upper arm altogether.

thanks @Inka <3
I've got my booster jag at the end of the week so as soon as that's all done and arm ache gone, will book the massage. Can't wait :D

thanks @Inka <3
I've got my booster jag at the end of the week so as soon as that's all done and arm ache gone, will book the massage. Can't wait :D
I’ve never had a massage, but I do got for facials, get my nails done and eyelashes etc to make me feel a little better. The place I go also do massages and when clients come out they come out totally different people. Might give it a go!

While I can't do essential oils (I'm allergic to one of them but never could be bothered to figure out what one) they just use a carrier oil on me. I do come out of them feeling amazing.

Try a shoulder / neck one if you want a taster 🙂

Enjoy your massage @gll.
I have one regularly and she just avoids the sensor on my arm without any difficulty.
as the oils would loosen the adhesive.

• Love
Reactions: gll
As others have said yes the oils would most definitely start to loosen the adhesive, if you've any residue left on your skin after removing then baby oil on cotton wool works a treat to get it off xx

• Love
Reactions: gll
... or Vaseline gets the sticky off too, should you be fresh out of baby oil for the last 40 + years ....

Enjoy your massage @gll.
I have one regularly and she just avoids the sensor on my arm without any difficulty.
as the oils would loosen the adhesive.
I too have regular/monthly massages and she just avoids the sensor Too!

Could cover sensor up with some vetwrap or similar, agree that exposure to oils will loosen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back