Libre 2 and internet interruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciris

I had a Libre 2 fitted on 21 Dec 23 and the internet on my phone is practically none existent since, and my phone keeps beeping and showing a message stating no signal when it's right next to me or in my pocket. The night before last it periodically beeped all night stating their was no signal, so much so that I muted my phone. Google, Facebook etc just won't load. No one else in the house has a problem with the internet on their computers or phones (none of us have an iPhone), and my laptop and tablet are fine. Has anyone had this problem?

The signal in question is constant Bluetooth link between L2 and the phone. That link can fail with problems at either end. At the sensor end there's nothing you can do except replace it. If Abbott accept it is a problem at their end they will replace it. At the phone end there are numerous potential issues. Let us know the make, model, android version, and LibreLink version. Also what else you are running that may be using Bluetooth. And anything else you think might be relevant.

In the meantime, check the app battery usage setting is 'unrestricted'.

Which phone do you have? It isn't so much the internet connection as the Bluetooth connection as you don't need internet connection for Libre to work. I have read that Samsung phones have quite weak Bluetooth, especially if you have more than one device connected via Bluetooth, so if you have a Samsung, particularly an older phone, that might be the problem.
If it is just the loss of signal alarm, many of us turn that particular alarm off, but it is concerning if it is losing signal when it is right next to you so I suspect the Bluetooth on that phone may be weak. You certainly don't need to turn the phone off or put it on mute, just go into the LibreLink App, select alarms on the home screen and then you get 3 options, the low alarm, the high alarm and the signal loss alarm at the bottom and just turn the latter off.

I use a Libre 2 reader because when I got Libre, my phone was not compatible. I love my Libre reader as it is small and lightweight and easily goes in a pocket and is very reliable. That said, it doesn't have the real time continuous glucose display that you get with a phone, you only get a reading if you scan, but it is still recording all the info between scans and sends those to your reader when you next scan. It still has high and low alarms and loss of signal alarms although I have the latter disabled because it is of no benefit to me. The alarms operate via Bluetooth and work really reliably. I have to scan at least 3 times a day every 8 hours to transfer data from the sensor to the reader but I scan an average of about 30 times a day (probably obsessive I know but really helps me manage my diabetes and learn how my body responds to things) so I don't need to worry about remembering to scan every 8 hours because I automatically just do it. If you ring Abbott and explain the problems you are having they might be persuaded to supply you with a reader if yopu are interested in that option or alternatively try one of the other phones in your household and see if that works better and if so, consider swapping with someone or getting a new phone. I bought an old iphone as a back up a couple of years ago in case anything happened to my reader and it works OK but personally I prefer the reader for it's ease of use, simplicity and reliability. It just never fails me.

The signal in question is constant Bluetooth link between L2 and the phone. That link can fail with problems at either end. At the sensor end there's nothing you can do except replace it. If Abbott accept it is a problem at their end they will replace it. At the phone end there are numerous potential issues. Let us know the make, model, android version, and LibreLink version. Also what else you are running that may be using Bluetooth. And anything else you think might be relevant.

In the meantime, check the app battery usage setting is 'unrestricted'.
Thank you Barrym. I won't pretend to understand your post, I would have worked it out at one time but haven't the concentration now 🙂 However, I have given your reply to my husband "BarrieM" 🙂 and will get back to you. Thank you again for replying.

I found that when bluetooth is enabled on my phone - the wifi availability on my phone is very poor. Turn the bluetooth off and wifi works again. When I visited a family member I had no problems as they were using a later version of wifi.

Try searching for bluetooth interfering with wifi and there is some information on how to update your home wifi to use a different channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back