Libre 2 and Apple Watch 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filignano

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I use my iPhone 12 Pro to measure my bloods using Libre 2 sensor. I now have an Apple Watch 9 (present) however Libre inform me not to upgrade to apple iOS 17 as it will not record my levels. As it’s now sitting in the drawer I was wondering if any has the same issues or is it just me reading it wrong. Any help re different apps etc would be helpful. One would think Abbott would get the issue fixed ASAP as is stopping Apple selling watches to diabetics.

Hi,
iOS 17.1.1 works, haven’t tried 17.2 yet.
Just received iwatch 9 for my birthday, it’s v10.0, 10.2 pending install.
Iphone14 pro max running 17.1.1, 17.2 pending install.
To get libre2 values on the watch (no Libre software available) I use Gluroo to read the sensor and then another app Nightguard to show the values on my watch. Bit clunky but it works ok.
I’ve set Gluroo and Nightguard on my phone Lock Screen so I don’t have to wake the phone and night guard widget is on the watch screen for easy access.
With this I think I save at least 10seconds ;-) when checking my BG reading but I do like it.

Last edited:
I didn't get the memo about iOS 17 so upgraded without thinking. It's had no effect on LibreLink at all. I can't offer any help on Watch 9 as I have an SE, on which I get Libre readings via Sweet Dreams (similar to Gluroo) without any problem.

I didn't get the memo about iOS 17 so upgraded without thinking. It's had no effect on LibreLink at all. I can't offer any help on Watch 9 as I have an SE, on which I get Libre readings via Sweet Dreams (similar to Gluroo) without any problem.
Thanks for you info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back