Libre 2 and airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal422

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
On my last two flights over this past weekend, Birmingham to Belfast and return, at both airports I set off the “arch” metal detector with my Libre and don’t remember this happening before? I was directed to the full body scanners which I refused and asked for a pat down search instead. The security team were more than happy to do so and one even asked me if I wore an insulin pump! So they know all about CGMs, pumps, etc. which is very reassuring.

Just wondering if things are now more sensitive with regard to the arches? Also, are we still advised not to have full body scans? I have seen some people say they are ok and don’t affect the Libre, but I think Abbott’s advice is still not to go through them?

I had to take a spare sensor with me and did ask for that to be swabbed rather than go through the X-ray for hand luggage and again that wasn’t an issue with the security team. But again, I’m wondering if this is still necessary or are we ok to let them go through?

As we have an upcoming trip to Australia with lots of flights and security at airports, I’m just wondering what is best to do as I will need to take a few spare sensors with me as well as the one I’m wearing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

On my last two flights over this past weekend, Birmingham to Belfast and return, at both airports I set off the “arch” metal detector with my Libre and don’t remember this happening before? I was directed to the full body scanners which I refused and asked for a pat down search instead. The security team were more than happy to do so and one even asked me if I wore an insulin pump! So they know all about CGMs, pumps, etc. which is very reassuring.

Just wondering if things are now more sensitive with regard to the arches? Also, are we still advised not to have full body scans? I have seen some people say they are ok and don’t affect the Libre, but I think Abbott’s advice is still not to go through them?

I had to take a spare sensor with me and did ask for that to be swabbed rather than go through the X-ray for hand luggage and again that wasn’t an issue with the security team. But again, I’m wondering if this is still necessary or are we ok to let them go through?

As we have an upcoming trip to Australia with lots of flights and security at airports, I’m just wondering what is best to do as I will need to take a few spare sensors with me as well as the one I’m wearing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
I always ping the archway at Gatwick, but I’ve never pinged it in Italy, Austria or Croatia when I’ve been coming home, so I assume Gatwick's might be more sensitive. I’ve always been happy to go through the body scanner wearing my sensor, and it’s always been fine, ditto putting my spare through the hand luggage x-ray.

I always ping the archway at Gatwick, but I’ve never pinged it in Italy, Austria or Croatia when I’ve been coming home, so I assume Gatwick's might be more sensitive. I’ve always been happy to go through the body scanner wearing my sensor, and it’s always been fine, ditto putting my spare through the hand luggage x-ray.
Thanks @Robin ! Good to know. I was just a bit nervous about wiping out all my spares at the first airport!

How things have changed. Library scanners used to fry the Libre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back