Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
We’ve had a question from David H sent to the forum inbox, and I wondered if members here could offer suggestions on what settings to check (eg time critical alerts) to ensure that Libre2 alarms work on iPhone.

I’m not currently using Libre and can’t really remember the details!

Hi. I have been Type 1 diabetic since 1963. I have a Frestyle Libre 2 sensor for several years now. They advertise alarms are available for both high and low blood sugars. Nonsense! I have had various iPhones and presently iPhone14. The alarms have never worked. My green range is from 3.9-9.9mmols. I have to do 20-25 scans per DAY because, during excercise, I need to be constantly aware of levels! This is completely unacceptable to me as I am very fit, active and with a height of 5ft 11ins and weght of 11st there has never been any variation of weight, or level of activity throughout my life.
I run, cycle, play padel tennis and golf almost every day following my retirement over 10 years ago. I have raised money for BDA completing the 55 miles Highland Cross in 4 hours raising over £1000 in 2018.
Two questions for your group (and for Abbott if they ever take any interest!).
1) This seems to be a common problem. Are Abbott doing anything to resolve these common difficulties?
2) Is the Dexcom 7 a better option for iPhones?
I confirm you may forward this on your website for comments but PLEASE ensure my email is not included.
I look forward to hearing from both you, your members and, if they care, from Abbott.
Regards
David

I’ve certainly had alarms working on Libre 2 a few iterations ago (before it became a full rtCGM), so I know it is definitely possible.

We have had members over the years who have occasionally had issues, and I know that some iOS updates have meant that you need to categorise alerts so that they sound immediately (under Notifications, setting Libre as on for Time-sensitive notifications, and Critical alerts).

Is your Bluetooth on and working OK?

The scans you are making daily suggest your NFC chip is working fine.

Hope you can find a solution.

Reactions: Kol
The green range they mention has nothing to do with alarms, that’s only for time in range reporting. Have they actually set the alarms, and got the red dashed lines for alarm levels showing on the graph?

Reactions: Kol
They also mention having to scan 25+ times per day, why are they scanning at all? Do they not have the cgm functionality - is Bluetooth switched on etc? If Bluetooth isn’t on that would explain alarms not working.

Hi,

SE 2020, on 17.2.1 Libre release 2, version 2.10.2.7677 alarms and continuous monitoring working fine, occasional signal loss either scan or wait till it catches up (few minutes, no real problem)

Double check absolutely all and every notification / alerts / banners / override etc allowed in system setting's and LibreLink etc. as @everydayupsanddowns says.
Re-boot phone.
Uninstall and reinstall App
Alarms should be audible and visible on screen
Leave phone screen on and app open, do you see continuous graph and number reading?

Install Shuggah app from store and see if that works correctly to prove phone?

Can’t really think of anything else.

Chuck phone.

Sorry the last one was not helpful, just in jest 🙂

Hope you you get it working ok.

I was quite happy scanning with my old phone (Android 11) and did not go to GCM when it came out because of the issues. However, when it failed and I got a new phone (Android 13) I could only load the CGM version. By then it was fine but I then gave into pressure to upgrade to Android 14. Since then I have suffered intermittent loss of alarms but since have resent updates I lose the signal within minutes necessitating a scan every time I want a reading. Both Abbot and Android look pretty unprofessional to me!

Screenshot_20240217-233015.png

I was quite happy scanning with my old phone (Android 11) and did not go to GCM when it came out because of the issues. However, when it failed and I got a new phone (Android 13) I could only load the CGM version. By then it was fine but I then gave into pressure to upgrade to Android 14. Since then I have suffered intermittent loss of alarms but since have resent updates I lose the signal within minutes necessitating a scan every time I want a reading. Both Abbot and Android look pretty unprofessional to me!

View attachment 29258
I have the same problem most days though not today yet! It can disconnect multiple times even when phone is in my hand. OS android 11. The only consistency is that it does not lose connection when charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back