Libre 2...airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Going through the scanners at airport (newcastle) what's the procedure considering I will be wearing a libre 2, googled it and it says a full body scanner can affect the libre, is that the type you walk through at airport security, will be hard enough explaining to security in this country, what's the procedure on arriving and leaving another country (Spain) any advice much appreciated.

There is no problem with the arches that you walk through.
Abbott are concerned by the x-ray machines you stand still in with your hand above your head whilst being scanned.
The last time I went through NCL airport, they did not have these.
That said, i have taken my Libre through many airport and many scanners (including boxed Libre on the conveyor belt) and never had any issues.
There is no checking when arriving in an airport

I’ve been sent into the full arms above your head body scanner a couple of times at Gatwick, and my Libre sensor has been fine.

Going through the scanners at airport (newcastle) what's the procedure considering I will be wearing a libre 2, googled it and it says a full body scanner can affect the libre, is that the type you walk through at airport security, will be hard enough explaining to security in this country, what's the procedure on arriving and leaving another country (Spain) any advice much appreciated.
I flew from Newcastle last year definitely went through the scanner and all was fine. TBF it never crossed my mind not to. Done the same coming back from Faro ( Portugal).

Same here. Been through all types of scanners and never had a problem. Though at Palma airport last year the security officer pointed at my Libre and invited me over for a scan with the handheld device instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back