Libre 2.1 update and Apple Watch

obrotherhood

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone heard anything about the libre 2.1 gcm being able to link up with an Apple Watch?

Has anyone heard anything about the libre 2.1 gcm being able to link up with an Apple Watch?
It can’t through the official app, only if you use something unofficial like Shuggah. You’d still then need to scan libre app for team to see your data.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum @obrotherhood

I hope Lucy’s advice helps.
We welcome any questions on here and nothing is considered silly.
I look forward to hearing more from you

It can’t through the official app, only if you use something unofficial like Shuggah. You’d still then need to scan libre app for team to see your data.
Thanks for the advice Lucy and thank you SB2015 for the welcome :)

Hello Lucy

I’m newly diagnosed and new here. I’ve type 3c and now 7 days on Hummulin but my readings are all over the place so having better readings and alarms would be a great help. Shuggah looks to me like a much better app than the Libre2 supplied software but Shuggah will not scan my sensor.

Do you know if the people at Libre have done something to stop third party apps working with their sensors?

With thanks

John

Do you know if the people at Libre have done something to stop third party apps working with their sensors?
I think each model of sensor is different and they don't publish the protocols. I've no idea how protected they are. I'm guessing not that much because the sensors have to be small, cheap, and battery efficient.

I'm honestly not sure how bothered they are about the third party apps. I doubt they're delighted but they don't seem to have made serious moves to shut them down.

Thank you.

The Shuggah app looks good but it seems I can’t access it. Maybe it will work with the next sensor in use.

ill try switching Bluetooth off for Libre and restart my phone then try once again.

Thank you! :)

Hi,

I can't understand why Abbott won't do something official (and a lock screen widget) but I think you can get basically what you want using xdrip as well as the official LibreLink app as follows.

Basically you can install and configure xdrip to get it's data from your LibreLinkUp account online, so the normal LibreLink app gets data from sensor, uploads it and then xdrip downloads it. I use this on android as I can get xdrip on my lock screen, but I think you can do the same on apple and with watches. The downside is that it requires an internet connection - but on the lockscreen widget I use it also tells you how many mins ago data is from (usually less than 5) and helpfully puts a line through reading if it's more than 10 mins old, at which point you know you need to open the libre app.

Not perfect, but works for me. You could of course bin the libreLink app and just use xdrip directly which should work much better (and not require an internet connection) but then your healthcare team wouldn't get the data, and also I was a bit nervous about relying on an unofficial app.

I can point you to the posts that told me how to set it up if it sounds useful.

Matt

Back