Libre 2.0 alarm not going off

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieT1D

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

I have a low glucose alarm set on my Libre app, however, it hasn't been going off recently and has led to me being low overnight for hours sometimes without realising. I am working on reducing my 24-hour insulin dose to sort out my overnight BG, but, in the meantime has anyone had this issue with the Libre alarm not working? And if so, did you do anything to fix it?

My phone is an iphone and is all up to date.

Many thanks,
Ellie

It has generally been ok for me, however since having a play with the Shuggah app I cannot now revert to using Librelink for alarms (at least on my current sensor). Despite disconnecting Shuggah and turning back on access to Bluetooth for Librelink I cannot get it to pair at all. Maybe the Librelink app only goes into pairing mode when you first activate a sensor?

So, for now with this sensor I am using Shuggah for alarms, but to be honest they are much more flexible and configurable than the Librelink ones. If you’re struggling to get Librelink alarms working it may be worth a try?

This page explains exactly how to set up Shuggah on your iPhone if you are interested (as well as getting it to display realtime readings on an Apple Watch) https://lovemylibre.com/blogs/news/install-shuggah-cgm-apple-watch

Not iPhone user only android, disabled app last week after losing alarms then downloaded new version, since then alarms have returned, even better lost none of my data.

Hello,

I have a low glucose alarm set on my Libre app, however, it hasn't been going off recently and has led to me being low overnight for hours sometimes without realising. I am working on reducing my 24-hour insulin dose to sort out my overnight BG, but, in the meantime has anyone had this issue with the Libre alarm not working? And if so, did you do anything to fix it?

My phone is an iphone and is all up to date.

Many thanks,
Ellie
Hi Ellie! Haven’t read all the comments so my apologies if any of this has been covered.

My issue is different in that I set high glucose alarms but I guess similar.

First is your software on your iPhone up to date?

Secondly have you tried “turning it off and on” ( the phone) and shutting down and reopening the app? This is useful if your phone has been out of range for a while. This happens to me all the time as I’m a teacher and if I’m walking around the class it sometimes disconnects. Doing this solves the majority of my issues.

In your libre app it has a bit for faulty alarms / should show as a red exclamation mark? Going into this setting and scanning again whilst prompted may help.

If not it may be worth contacting libre directly if none of these work as it may just be a dodgy sensor!

Hope any of this helps.

My alarms are forever not going off!

iPhone 12 up to date.

I will be sending Abbott an email when I get chance as this has been going on for months.

I’ve tried re-installing the app etc

Was at work yesterday felt weird - turns out I was 3.4 confirmed with a finger prick up on a roof

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I have recently deleted and redownloaded the app, plus I am on a new sensor now and iphone is all up to date. Sensor alarms are maybe slightly better, but still not always going off, annoying!

I guess it is better than no alarms at all. Luckily I am usually quite aware of lows in the day, but it is the hypos over night that is my main issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back