Libre 1/2 accessory I cannot live without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronH83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I won't link it here just in case I breach a forum rule re: advertising, but I've been using the Supersapiens Performance Patch to cover my Libre. I work in a really physical job where I can end up having to go hands-on with my clientele when they decide they don't like what I'm telling them and I've not had a Libre fall off since I started using it. I had been using the elastic strap with 3d printed cover that goes over the sensor, but it had a tendancy to get under the sensor and pop it off when I hit against door frames etc. The patch also stands up to daily showering and bathing well, and whilst they are a bit expensive at £25 for 10 I really think they're worth it.

For me, the elastic arm band has worked brilliantly. There are times when it snags on clothing but the arm band pings and leaves the sensor intact. I have been using it for over 6 months now and haven't had to worry about my sensor since.

I can understand where you are coming from though and it's great that the patches work for you in the circumstances you are exposed to.

Great that you have found something that works for you.
For me, all I need is good placement (not on a “muscle corner”) onto non greasy skin. It sticks like a limpet.

For me, the elastic arm band has worked brilliantly. There are times when it snags on clothing but the arm band pings and leaves the sensor intact. I have been using it for over 6 months now and haven't had to worry about my sensor since.

I can understand where you are coming from though and it's great that the patches work for you in the circumstances you are exposed to.
The band worked for me too, but I've had a few situations where I was thrown back against a door frame or something and next thing I know I'm standing with a Libre on the ground and my colleagues looking at me like "Er...your thingy's come off" my diabetic nurse has said would I not consider another job but I told her that's like me asking her to give up nursing.

Great that you have found something that works for you.
For me, all I need is good placement (not on a “muscle corner”) onto non greasy skin. It sticks like a limpet.
I use Skin Tac wipes as well, which really helps. Also found that shaving the area where I'm going to put the Libre helps.

Just use alcohol wipe to clean skin before application, to date only had 1 sensor drop off in 3 years or so of use, did use tubular bandage once but find adhesive is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back