Libra v dexcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamppir8

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Anyone tried both? Libra is a lost cause, I'm sending 2 out of 3 back. Always 2 out, day 9 they go 4 out for me. Was wondering about experiences of both, any better? Worse? Living with dexcon? Stay on better? Look more hastle putting on swapping out transmitter, worth it? More accurate? Return rate? Return hastle?

Anyone tried both? Libra is a lost cause, I'm sending 2 out of 3 back. Always 2 out, day 9 they go 4 out for me. Was wondering about experiences of both, any better? Worse? Living with dexcon? Stay on better? Look more hastle putting on swapping out transmitter, worth it? More accurate? Return rate? Return hastle?
Great questions. Presumably you need comparison between Libre 2 and Dexcom One - since the Dexcom One is a 'no-cost' alternative to Libre 2. Other Dexcoms, G6 and G7 aren't easily obtained through the NHS - but perhaps you are a better fit for the NICE criteria than I am for G6 or G7. In some ways I think G6/7 are sufficiently different (better?) that comparison with Libre 2 is not so helpful, perhaps.

You may already have seen in other threads that I also struggle with Libre 2 for reliability and general compatibility. I've never had one fall off, they just fail early or are so far out of sync with actual BG that they aren't fit for purpose for me. Abbott always replace them, but the faff of irregular but frequent sensor changes, along with still too much finger pricking and associated uncertainty of whether my sensor is still behaving is debilitating. I'm going to start Dexcom One very soon. Got my phone confirmed as compatible, got a starter pack of one 10 day sensor and one 90 day transmitter just waiting for my local pharmacy to be able to confirm they can supply Dexcom One in the future. There was a problem with the ICS not putting the correct details onto the Formulary, after they prevarication for 12 months over implementing the NICE Guideline update to CGMs for T1s. So I will shortly be actually starting with Dexcom One and will post my findings once I get started.

Great questions. Presumably you need comparison between Libre 2 and Dexcom One - since the Dexcom One is a 'no-cost' alternative to Libre 2. Other Dexcoms, G6 and G7 aren't easily obtained through the NHS - but perhaps you are a better fit for the NICE criteria than I am for G6 or G7. In some ways I think G6/7 are sufficiently different (better?) that comparison with Libre 2 is not so helpful, perhaps.

You may already have seen in other threads that I also struggle with Libre 2 for reliability and general compatibility. I've never had one fall off, they just fail early or are so far out of sync with actual BG that they aren't fit for purpose for me. Abbott always replace them, but the faff of irregular but frequent sensor changes, along with still too much finger pricking and associated uncertainty of whether my sensor is still behaving is debilitating. I'm going to start Dexcom One very soon. Got my phone confirmed as compatible, got a starter pack of one 10 day sensor and one 90 day transmitter just waiting for my local pharmacy to be able to confirm they can supply Dexcom One in the future. There was a problem with the ICS not putting the correct details onto the Formulary, after they prevarication for 12 months over implementing the NICE Guideline update to CGMs for T1s. So I will shortly be actually starting with Dexcom One and will post my findings once I get started.
Brilliant just that, I'm not alone! Thank you, exactly everything. Lost a few early on, once you get knack, shave, exfoliate, scrub alcohol till your raw, not had one fall off. One died in shower. Last 2 failed day 9, 11. They are asking for them back first time. Thought it was me. I'm correcting for 12, then hypo, cos it was 8 in first place, just snaking all day long. Turn it off at night, goes to 2.8 5 mins after bed, sleep on back. It's causing more trouble than good. How was your Dr switching? Is there a cost barrier? Supposed to be more accurate, then libra say the 3 will be better still...

Thanks again, thought I was doing it wrong, or shouldn't use with blood thinners etc etc.

Left, left arm day 9, middle, right arm day 1, and actual...

Attachments

• 20230310_170650.jpg
    20230310_170650.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
I've tried both libre2 and dexcom g6 at the same time. Dexcom all the way

I've tried both libre2 and dexcom g6 at the same time. Dexcom all the way
It looks fiddly to put on with the staple gun, does that come with every one or do you load it each time? How many do you send back? Is it easy? Do you use 3rd part app? More accurate? Does it dive in night pressure? Die in shower?

I have tried Libre 2 and Dexcom G6.
Libre was far more accurate for me but we are all different.

The Dexcom app is supported on less phones and is more basic than LibreLink.

Been on dexcom for 3 months now. I have not had to send any back, all lasted full 10 days.The dexcom app isn't more basic, just different - you can get a lot more reports, and look at your graphs over 1 hr, 3 hrs, 6 hrs, 12 hrs, 24 hrs, though you can't type in notes. I use the modded version (build your own dexcom app) which is the offical version minus the code that checks if its 'on the list' put together by some rando on reddit.
You get the full 'stapler' everytime and in my experience you are less likely to get a 'stinger' with dexcom. Its officailly approved for tummy as well as back of arms, both work well for me. Application isn't quite as straight forward as libre as you have the bit that sticks on you that lasts 10 days, an a transmitter that lasts 3 months but its no so much of a faff...in an emergency you can restart it and you can get another 4-5 days easily with a good accuracy.
The dexcom is more acurate for me, and more accurate in trials, and can be calibrated, though if you need to do this its mormally just yhe once. I tend to rely on it to treat lows, and they say you can do that, unlike with libre where you need to check. For me, it gives very few false nightime lows compare to libre, wjich was the reason i wanted it. You can set a different set of alarms for night (i set my low alarm lower overnight as things move slower without a bolus insulin being active). In general, there is a LOT more flexibility over alarms, which i like, and you can change the sounds so you know what the alert is for.
Not sure re shower but fine in bath. I find bs go up in bath, but i think thats me, not dexcom.
I always use an overpatch so can't comment on adhesive, i think its less limpit like than libre 2, but i've not lost one yet.

It does, however, resemble a wee coffin (sad face emoji)

Well I could tell you that the dexcom worked great for me, which it did, but that information would be of no use to you because the libre also works great for me so clearly we have different bodies.

Dexcon give their codes out I understand so there are several apps to choose from.

Been on dexcom for 3 months now. I have not had to send any back, all lasted full 10 days.The dexcom app isn't more basic, just different - you can get a lot more reports, and look at your graphs over 1 hr, 3 hrs, 6 hrs, 12 hrs, 24 hrs, though you can't type in notes. I use the modded version (build your own dexcom app) which is the offical version minus the code that checks if its 'on the list' put together by some rando on reddit.
You get the full 'stapler' everytime and in my experience you are less likely to get a 'stinger' with dexcom. Its officailly approved for tummy as well as back of arms, both work well for me. Application isn't quite as straight forward as libre as you have the bit that sticks on you that lasts 10 days, an a transmitter that lasts 3 months but its no so much of a faff...in an emergency you can restart it and you can get another 4-5 days easily with a good accuracy.
The dexcom is more acurate for me, and more accurate in trials, and can be calibrated, though if you need to do this its mormally just yhe once. I tend to rely on it to treat lows, and they say you can do that, unlike with libre where you need to check. For me, it gives very few false nightime lows compare to libre, wjich was the reason i wanted it. You can set a different set of alarms for night (i set my low alarm lower overnight as things move slower without a bolus insulin being active). In general, there is a LOT more flexibility over alarms, which i like, and you can change the sounds so you know what the alert is for.
Not sure re shower but fine in bath. I find bs go up in bath, but i think thats me, not dexcom.
I always use an overpatch so can't comment on adhesive, i think its less limpit like than libre 2, but i've not lost one yet.

It does, however, resemble a wee coffin (sad face emoji)
Thanks for that brilliant, sounds like it does everything diabox does but without crashing every half hour. Appreciate that, good review. Sounds mint. The graphs in libra are pointless, so squidged up unusable no detail.

I’ve used Libre 2 and Dexcom G7. The G7 is fantastic. It’s more accurate, smaller than the Libre 2 and lower profile, has a basically seamless move to each new sensor (30 min warm up but if you time it right, there’s no gap at all so continuous working sensor), and can be calibrated. It has an internal transmitter in each sensor so no need to bother about that. It also has a 12 hour grace period for changing sensors. I absolutely love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back