Levemir

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Can you get Levemir in half units? Feel I'm 8n between an 8 and 9. I don't use a pump. I'm so sensitive when I get moving around so constantly finding if I lower my basal by one unit cos I've got a busy morning on my feet but sat on my backside for most of the afternoon then I find I need the higher basal in the afternoon . If I'm understanding how a pump works then I could adjust accordingly. But I'm not on a pump so was wondering if levemir does a half unit dose?.

Cheers

Yes, there is a half unit reusable pen for Levemir called the Novopen Echo. You then need your prescription altered to provide cartridges for the pen instead of the disposable pens I assume you probably have at the moment. If you have a half unit pen for your bolus, be sure to request a different colour pen for your Levemir, so you don't get them mixed up. I have a red Novopen Echo for my Fiasp and a blue one for my Levemir. I am not sure there are any other colour options but important to have them different if you have both.

I have no clue about single use pens but as Levemir is manufactured by Novo Nordisk, you should be able to use their NovoPen Echo which comes in half units.
I always recommend the reusable pens. I find them very easy to replace the cartridges in the pens, the cartridges take up less space in your fridge than pens, reusable pen are more robust and there is less plastic waste.

In the mean time you could just keep the Levemir the same and top up with a small carb snack when you are busy. Personally I find my daytime levels are pretty steady with a constant daytime dose but if I have had a very active day my evening Levemir needs reducing.

Cheers Barbara and Helli,

I've got my bolus and basa in seperate differant coloured wallets. I've already done the basal instead of bolus hiccup. Thankfully it was only one unit and ate porridge all day and night lol.!

Ok I'll ask for that, see what they say. Yes I've been eating when I need too to make up.

Cheers.

Hi. Yes the Novo Echo pen will do the job. I think they no longer do a red one - just blue and grey and I have both.

Hi. Yes the Novo Echo pen will do the job. I think they no longer do a red one - just blue and grey and I have both.
Are you sure your grey pen is an Echo and not NovoPen 5? I've only ever seen the option of Red or Blue Echoes and for me grey is much too close in colour to blue to have those two as the only options. I definitely have red and blue Echoes.

Definitely do a red NovaEcho pen, just received mine.

I use a half unit pen for limiver. My base is 4 but I take anooumts of the evening if I've been working how much will depend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back