levels were good

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
We went on a 5 hour bike ride today and i am pleased to say that Alex's levels were between 5 and 10mmols the whole time! I know 10 is a little high but he had drunk a bit of fizzy drink just before a test - so i suspect he wouldnt have been that high a little later. He did , however, fall off his bike spectacularly! Luckily there were a couple of 'real' cyclists with tools etc and they helped us fix the bike and poured water on his many scrapes! They were from Yorkshire and lovely! It makes a nice change to come across such kind people.:D Hope you all had a lovely day too!:DBev

Hi all,
We went on a 5 hour bike ride today and i am pleased to say that Alex's levels were between 5 and 10mmols the whole time! I know 10 is a little high but he had drunk a bit of fizzy drink just before a test - so i suspect he wouldnt have been that high a little later. He did , however, fall off his bike spectacularly! Luckily there were a couple of 'real' cyclists with tools etc and they helped us fix the bike and poured water on his many scrapes! They were from Yorkshire and lovely! It makes a nice change to come across such kind people.:D Hope you all had a lovely day too!:DBev

Well, if they were from Yorkshire, I'd expect nothing less! Great numbers Alex and Bev - hope the grazes don't sting too much!

Hi Bev,

Glad you and Alex had a great bike ride...Levels were brill too...Hope the fall did'nt hurt to much

Take care

Heidi
🙂

Glad the bike ride went well and Alexes levels were good. Hope he is also over the scraps., although most boys are quite resliant.

One of my colleagues is a cyclist and maintains an essential first aid item while cycling is an extra bottle of water to wash the scrapes when unlucky folks come off bikes.

Bev, having spent quite a bit of time patching up cyclists over the years, can I suggest that after the initial cleaning of grazes, you apply petroleum jelly (Vaseline is the best known example), as this stops the scabs getting too hard and itchy. Hope Alex shows off his injuries proudly!

hi bev glad you and alex enjoyed the bike ride and theat hs levels where fine x

Hi bev , glad to hear you both enjoyed your bike ride 🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back