Levels today.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Why is it that after i get a good hba1c result my levels start to misbehave!!

I went to bed on 5.9 and woke up on 7.9 ??

Then had breakfast (2 crumpets) which was 40 carbs so 2 units NR plus i did one extra unit to bring me back in range.

Checked 2 hour post breakfast and was 12.4 (expected due to crumpets 🙄 )

Then checked again at 12pm 4 hours after i injected so insulin would ben out of system now right? and i was still 10.4!! Despite that extra unit i took!

Confused and annoyed!!

It's a pain in the neck, isn't it? I had one measly slice of buttered toast this morning (after waking at 5.2), 6 units of novorapid for only 16g carbs. Two hours later I was 10.3! I went for a run to burn it off a bit, and when I got back I was 10.5!!! 😡 Just tested now, nearly 5 hours after breakfast and I'm 7.2!!!! Grrrrr!!!

It's a pain in the neck, isn't it? I had one measly slice of buttered toast this morning (after waking at 5.2), 6 units of novorapid for only 16g carbs. Two hours later I was 10.3! I went for a run to burn it off a bit, and when I got back I was 10.5!!! 😡 Just tested now, nearly 5 hours after breakfast and I'm 7.2!!!! Grrrrr!!!

Stupid annoying diabetes!! So maybe i should do the same thing tomoro and see what happens?

Now at 6.5 which is better! but what took it so long to come back down??? i havent injected any more insulin btw either so it came down on its own!

Hi DG, you would still have some active novorapid for that last hour which could account for some of that drop.

but i ate at 8am so the insulin wud have been out of my system by 1pm im just wondering why it took soo long im still confused by all this...

but i ate at 8am so the insulin wud have been out of my system by 1pm im just wondering why it took soo long im still confused by all this...

It doesn't play nicely sometimes does it? I'm now 4.6 before tea, so that's probably this morning's run starting to bring my levels down. You'd rather expect the exercise to have an influence long before, but obviously not for me - I know some people even have to take less insulin before exercising, wouldn't work for me at all!

Even more annoyed now!

So I was 6.5 so decided to finaly have lunch which was small bowl of liz granola then 2 hours later was 8.2 that's fine expected to come back down into the 6 range before dinner......nope 4 hours later still sitting at 8,6 I just don't get it!! Is it just a bad day or is sumthing not right :( just had dinner will have to see what bed time levels r later .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back