Not open for further replies.

premiere

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello,

Another question regarding levels...sorry. 😱

Non Exercise Day (twice a week)

Waking level = 6.0 (sometimes slightly lower, sometimes slightly (6.3) higher
Breakfast = 2 brown bread Toast (with butter)
Lunch = 1 ham roll (brown), 1 packet of crisps and diet pepsi
Evening meal (various but usually including chicken)...prior to meal, between 4.3 and 5.2
Post Evening Meal level after 2 hours between 6.5 and 7.5

Exercise day(s)
As above levels but do not check 2 hr post evening meal as I normally have been to the gym by then. Exercise nights are 2-3km run on a treadmill :D immediately followed by 5km rowing :D (current rating is 5km rowing in 23 mins 8 seconds)

Doing all this and still have shocking fluctuating blurred vision. Some days good eyesight (used to be pin sharp!!), some days I have to wear distance vision glasses.........

I am Diet/Exercise only, 46 😱, 6ft tall and still overweight at 15st 7 (was 17st 2) and sit at a desk all day. Are these levels still shocking?

I'd say those are pretty good levels, I'd be pleased with them. What are your levels on exercise days like? That's a measure you should be taking as that's when they're likely to be highest, from all I'm told.

Good levels 🙂 Do you ever test after breakfast or lunch? because I see they are carb based, so you may get a spike.

I'd say those are pretty good levels, I'd be pleased with them. What are your levels on exercise days like? That's a measure you should be taking as that's when they're likely to be highest, from all I'm told.

Have to admit, I have shyed away (yes, I am a wimp) from checking my levels after exercise because if I see them really high, then I would probably get myself into a state thinking that exercise is somehow bad. When is the ideal time to check levels post exercise?

Good levels 🙂 Do you ever test after breakfast or lunch? because I see they are carb based, so you may get a spike.

Thanks Katie. Understand about the carb based comment and that may be why I get really tired soon after.

Agreed - pretty good levels. Just wonder if you can increase your activity levels on non-exercise days? While you sit at your desk all day, can you include anything like running up a few flights of stairs a couple of times a day or walking at least a few 100 steps or cycling a bit? If you do test after exercise, don't worry too much about short term raises in blood glucose levels, as it's the longer term benefits in overall blood glucose control and weight loss / maintenance that are more important.

The numbers you have posted are good. I think you are missing whats happening throughout the day by not testing again until you evening meal. I would suggest some after breakfast, before and after lunch testing. you could be spiking up after breakfast and staying then takign all day to come down. Or you could be in range at those times, but you won't know unless you test. You don't have to test at all those times every day, try mixing it up a bit and varying the times you test.

The numbers you have posted are good. I think you are missing whats happening throughout the day by not testing again until you evening meal. I would suggest some after breakfast, before and after lunch testing. you could be spiking up after breakfast and staying then takign all day to come down. Or you could be in range at those times, but you won't know unless you test. You don't have to test at all those times every day, try mixing it up a bit and varying the times you test.

Indeed and I know you are right. I am still half stuck in 'head in the sand' denial mode.

Indeed and I know you are right. I am still half stuck in 'head in the sand' denial mode.

Starting this thread I think shows that you are not as in denial as maybe you once were. You are testing which is important and looking to improve things, so I say thats pretty good 🙂

Re testing. I learned not to worry if there's a high reading now and again.

I look at the waking trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back