levels going up but why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkjude

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed type 2 in 2018 and so far have avoided medication. My last HBA1c july 2021 was 48 and my nurse was very pleased esp as I have also lost nearly 2 stones. I started having tooth issues in October 2021 and was in pain and not sleeping. This continued until February 2022. I have also been on antibiotics and not sleeping too well. Despite no change in my diet and exercise regimes my levels have been going up so testing 9 and 10s recently. I assume stress pushes your levels up? Anything I can do to get my levels down ? I am due a blood test in a couple of weeks

I believe that both stress and some antibiotics can raise BG levels, Are you still taking the antibiotics?
I finished the antibiotics on Friday. Am trying hard to do more walking etc and relaxing activities

I finished the antibiotics on Friday. Am trying hard to do more walking etc and relaxing activities
You could try tightening up your dietary regime as things may have slipped but also the stress etc may have made you less tolerant of carbohydrates.

I dont eat any carbohydrates really. Breakfast - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, lunch- salad leaves, olives, cucumber, tomato, celery, chicken, sprouted seeds, toasted seeds, black pepper, little olive oil, peppers. Dinner tonight will be pan fried salmon with steamed broccoli/ carrots and kale.

I dont eat any carbohydrates really. Breakfast - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, lunch- salad leaves, olives, cucumber, tomato, celery, chicken, sprouted seeds, toasted seeds, black pepper, little olive oil, peppers. Dinner tonight will be pan fried salmon with steamed broccoli/ carrots and kale.
Certainly doesn't look like it, it may just be the antibiotics then.

I finished them Friday but possibly they linger for a few days. Anyway will see what happens the next few days. Thanks

Stress has a huge effect on my blood sugar, I have to put all my insulin doses up whenever anything stressful happens. It still usually takes a couple of weeks for my overall levels to come down after that, so you may just need to be patient and not let yourself get more stressed worrying about the higher readings (which are not that high - I know they're not ideal but being stuck around 9 or 10 for a short time shouldn't hurt you).

The things which are most likely to get my blood sugar heading downwards are drinking lots of water, having hot baths, and gardening - it doesn't have to be very energetic gardening, just pottering about out there will almost always result in a hypo!

Thankyou. Yesterday I drank more water than usual, moved more and got it down to 8.3 2 hours after lunch so I was pleased with that. You are right about worrying about getting high readings which doesn't help! I will get outside more now we have some warmer weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back