Lets not start arguing......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
after a few days away I'm back and everyone is fighting....whats all that about?

Please dont - I would hate to lose these boards which are such an inspiration to me - no matter how you are managing your diabetes and I cant help thinking that if we are seen to be not offering support and/or advice to each other and those newly diagnosed and are fighting between ourselves then we will be closed down.

1) I hate conflict, 2) everyone has a different approach and 3) I know I haven't read literally everything in every post so I appreciate if some think I should shut up......

after a few days away I'm back and everyone is fighting....whats all that about?

Please dont - I would hate to lose these boards which are such an inspiration to me - no matter how you are managing your diabetes and I cant help thinking that if we are seen to be not offering support and/or advice to each other and those newly diagnosed and are fighting between ourselves then we will be closed down.

1) I hate conflict, 2) everyone has a different approach and 3) I know I haven't read literally everything in every post so I appreciate if some think I should shut up......

Bravo !!!! I agree totally !!!

hehe I was about to say something similar in the ketosis thread. I was going to say something similar to "let's kiss and make up" but I feel it might be a bit inappropriate to post really...

So let's all be friends 😉

hehe I was about to say something similar in the ketosis thread. I was going to say something similar to "let's kiss and make up" but I feel it might be a bit inappropriate to post really...

So let's all be friends 😉

Okies Twin , Ummm do I still have to kiss you though 😱😱😛

Do you know, i used to go on Weight watchers website all the time but stopped going on for the nastyness that happened on a daily basis, when i found this i was so pleased because everyone had 1 goal, the help and support i have received of everyone is so lovely and nobody is nasty at all,

A little tiff should be pushed under the carpet and lets have business as usual.

Julie xx

Hmmm girls kissing girls, that wasn't in the T&C's!

I completely agree and I have to say that I hadn't realised how important that this site was to me until I spent the last two weeks struggling to read words. The support on this site is great and has as been discussed before people do have different views - difference is good but on a site like this shouldn't lead to conflict/confrontations.

I'm not angry anymore, that is in the past......... 🙂 I said my bit and it was only about me anyway. I'm of the view that if someone attacks me personally then I will reply which I did very politely otherwise you will continued to be a target which I don't think I want to be !! Lets hope this is over now.

I think you're just doing all this to wind me up now I'm Admin! I'm joking!!!

It is a shame for conflicts, rather than differences of opinion, to emerge in what should be useful, informative and supportive threads. Can I concur with Corrine and would people please count to 10 sometimes before posting something that might come across as either aggressive or insulting - or even may be misinterpreted in some way? This is a very difficult medium in which to exchange passionate viewpoints, as there is a complete absence of the normal clues you would get from vocal tone or body language.

Please also bear in mind that people may have stresses in their lives we are unaware of, and encountering a bad atmosphere here may put them off visiting the site, for which we would all be the poorer.

Please be kind to each other!🙂

Actually Northerner you are spot on, this is why you are Admin and we mere mortals are not.

It was a huge conspiracy don't you know. We all met up in an M1 motorway cafe at the weekend and had a coffee and cake (or cucumber - take your pick 🙂 and concocted the whole lot. It was quite a party, sorry you couldn't make it.

I think this is a difficult way to communicate, and what one person says in a light hearted way antother might get upset by.

Personally I have found the best ay is to go away and think about it before I react, and come back later with a clear head.

I try to keep in mind that we all have different experineces, so what works for one does not always work for another, but the advice/help giver wants to help us.

Do you know, i used to go on Weight watchers website all the time but stopped going on for the nastyness that happened on a daily basis, when i found this i was so pleased because everyone had 1 goal, the help and support i have received of everyone is so lovely and nobody is nasty at all,

A little tiff should be pushed under the carpet and lets have business as usual.

Julie xx

Hmmm girls kissing girls, that wasn't in the T&C's!

Hi Julie

I used to go on there too - in the days when they had a chat room - and they closed it down due to the nasty comments. I am now wondering if I may have spoken to you before!

But lets keep these boards open - as Northerner said its hard to show passion in text only without being misconstrued especially when what we have is not one size fits all.

I tend to draft posts in word and then mull them over, look at the board, see how other reply, edit what I have written... think things over.

Oh and the sepll checker is much superior 😉

The best advice I could give when teaching swimming applies to many areas of life 'Remember to breath' don't type holding your breath you'll rush and not concentrate.

And if you can be a rat bag when you're on your way to a hypo, go and get something to eat BEFORE you type!

pm............pm............pm...........pm..........pm..........pm.......simples😉

Hiya

What is a tefal actifry? Are they good?

Hiya

What is a tefal actifry? Are they good?

They are superb - they use a spoonful of oil for 1Kg chips, the chips are cripsy on the outside, soft on the inside, sauteed potatoes are great - hardly ANY fat used.

Far better than oven chips. :D

I agree with the reading things over thing... Things written down don't have the benefit of tone or exression as spoken words do so sometimes things sound more aggressive than they are meant... I have this with my year 6 kids all the time, they talk on msn and say things they'd never dream of saying to each others' faces 😛 Not saying that we're like a bunch of yr 6 kids or anthing! Hehe... 🙂

Hi Julie

I used to go on there too - in the days when they had a chat room - and they closed it down due to the nasty comments. I am now wondering if I may have spoken to you before!

But lets keep these boards open - as Northerner said its hard to show passion in text only without being misconstrued especially when what we have is not one size fits all.

I find it very sad that a support group can be nasty to people, talking about the weight watchers thing here. I went to slimming world a couple of years ago, not online to the actual meetings once a week, i found the support invaluable and the people lovely we all helped each other with support and encouragment, what is wrong with these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back