Letrozole

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggerlugs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I've finished all treatment and as long as my mammogram comes back ok, I don't have to go back for 12 months. I have to take Letrozole for the next 5 - 10 tears and have read that it can affect blood sugar levels. Does anyone know if this is true please? x

Hi @buggerlugs, I'm afraid I can't speak for Letrozole but I was on Tamoxifen for 5 years after breast cancer and the oncologist thought it may be causing fatty liver. I wasn't diagnosed with diabetes back then, and my fatty liver is now ok after losing a shedload of weight. I've since read that Tamoxifen can cause diabetes in women who are pre-disposed to diabetes.

I'd suggest monitoring your blood glucose levels just to be on the safe side.

Fingers crossed that your mammogram comes back clear 🙂

Hi Vonny. I have been diabetic for a number of years, way before the breast cancer. Also, I'm piling on weight, even though I'm not eating anything more than I used to, another side effect. I have a phone call with the nurse tomorrow, something about my blood test, so am not sure whether my Letrozole is doing something to my blood sugar. Thanks for replying though. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back