Let down by my Doctor again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardA

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had a "phone" eConsult with my doctor this morning at 10:10 to 10:20 about my medications
Come 11:00 still no phone call, 11:30 I get an email saying :-

Thank you for your eConsult regarding your medication. Your review has been updated. I note that you are due a follow up blood test for the diabetes medication in the next few weeks.

He could not even be bothered to pick the phone up and I needed to speak to him about increasing my metformin as my reading are still in the high 20s.
I give up I really do.

Is there a diabetes nurse at your practice who you could contact @RichardA? I always find the DN more helpful than the GP. I have to say that it is spectacularly poor practice to not even pick up the phone for a phone appointment!

I had a "phone" eConsult with my doctor this morning at 10:10 to 10:20 about my medications

Thank you for your eConsult regarding your medication. Your review has been updated. I note that you are due a follow up blood test for the diabetes medication in the next few weeks.

He could not even be bothered to pick the phone up and I needed to speak to him about increasing my metformin as my reading are still in the high 20s.
I give up I really do.
Makes sense to have the follow up blood test before changing medication dose though

Seems all gp's are busy at the moment. Have my own theory as to why the whole country is suffering from the same increase in inavilability to its long standing patients. It is not appropiate but ring them up personally. Say your computer/ internet not working so need to speak to or see a gp . Please.

Hi. Any BS reading in the 20s needs urgent attention to avoid the risk of DKA. You need to insist one way or another that you can speak to a GP or nurse. If you are not overweight then there is a possibility of being T1 (LADA). I suspect you may need more than Metformin to bring the BS down as I did when in the 20s. If you start to feel unwell go to A&E. Also buying some Ketostix may be a good idea to check for ketones.

I give up I really do.
Your not on your own mate Got bloods do e in January. Never heard from anyone. 13 months since my feet looked at Supposed to go yesterday cancelled again Never known things this bad and had type 1 for 56 years now. Nhs is finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back