Legs hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

My legs are really hurting and were last night too - feel like they need pulling!
I have played tennis today (nothing unusual) for 2 hours and afterwards my sugars are 8.6 - normally after exercise they are down to 5.x.

I don't remember doing anything different - I ate lunch at 1pm.

Could the high reading and legs be linked?

Any ideas why 8.6 and is there anything I should be doing?

I am d/e controlled t2?

It is still quite warm, so that may make your legs hurt. How do you feel after putting them up for a while.

If you are worried and they still hurt, ring NHS direct for advice.

Hi

thanks Caroline. Legs have eased off a bit, but level is now 9.8. Weird. So much for exercising.

Hi

thanks Caroline. Legs have eased off a bit, but level is now 9.8. Weird. So much for exercising.

If you found the tennis exciting, that can push your levels up a bit because the cortisol released makes your liver put out a 'boost' of glucose. Not usually very long acting though - I wonder if you've got an infection and this is an early indication? Hope things are back to normal tomorrow!

Thanks for the extra bit of information Northerner. Very helpful.
I didn't realise an infection can put levels up.

Do I need to do anything or just sit it out.

Thanks for the extra bit of information Northerner. Very helpful.
I didn't realise an infection can put levels up.

Do I need to do anything or just sit it out.

If it is an infection then, as you're not on meds, just make sure you stay well hydrated and try to eat little and often. For a non-diabetic person the body will usually produce more insulin to cope with the rise in levels, but for a diabetic this response may not be very efficient. Your levels aren't too bad though, although I can understand it is worrying when they are higher than you expect. A lot of diabetes is learning how you react to things or trying to discover the possible reasons for the unexpected readings - sometimes there doesn't appear to be one!

How are you feeling now? I hope the legs are better. Come to think of it and talking about infections, when I had celulitis (spelling?) I was in a lot of pain, so much so I went to hospital because I couldn't wait for a doctors appointment. Antibitoics sorted it out.

How are you feeling now? I hope the legs are better. Come to think of it and talking about infections, when I had celulitis (spelling?) I was in a lot of pain, so much so I went to hospital because I couldn't wait for a doctors appointment. Antibitoics sorted it out.

My MIL's husband has this at the moment he is is agony and has not left the house for a week.

I hope your leg is not in pain for to much longer Lucy, good luck x

Hi all,

Leg is much better today thanks and managed an hour in the gym.
Strange things happening at the moment -v moody today.
Problem is knowing whether connected to the D or something else.
I am sure I will get over it.
Thanks for all your support x

Glad to hear the leg is feeling much better Lucy, hope tomorrow brings a brighter mood! 🙂

Glad the leg is better. Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes just talking about something helps us to feel better. We are here for support and listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back