leg pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
me again suffering with terrible leg pains in the night cant sleep properly am on sr metoformin & statins wondering if it could be the statins or is it the diabetes .once i get up & walk around over the day it eases off .

me again suffering with terrible leg pains in the night cant sleep properly am on sr metoformin & statins wondering if it could be the statins or is it the diabetes .once i get up & walk around over the day it eases off .

I posted about about a similar affliction - I had the same pains keeping me awake most nights and was a wreck. The GP didn't seem concerned by them ("Wear and tear, go swimming"!), but after two weeks of cutting carbs and starting 1000mg of Metformin they started to ease (The main pain went quickly) and have now completely gone. I also started to get itching after walking (That started when the low-carb diet started) but that has now gone completely.

I used to get up and walk downstairs and pains would go away. In fact, walking wasn't a problem. Sitting/Sleeping was when the pain started. I also used to get terrible restless legs and would wake up in agony.

The most pain was in the right leg and pain killers didn't work.

I'm convinced that it was because of my high BG - when I asked the Diabetic Nurse (This was when it had started to ease up) she just shrugged and said, 'it can happen'. Maybe due to the high BG causing poor circulation? (Although when she checked out my feet she said 'they're in better condition than mine and there's a strong pulse.')

Do you get twitching? I used to see my muscles twitching a lot, but that stopped after a few months of the diet as well.

(I'm not on statins and only on 500mg of Metformin).

Last edited:
Do you get twitching? I used to see my muscles twitching a lot, but that stopped after a few months of the diet as well.

Is that what some folks term ‘restless leg’? Or is that something else?

Is that what some folks term ‘restless leg’? Or is that something else?
No, restless legs is when you have this desire to keep moving them. It's usually at night and can be quite a pain in the neck.

I would sit still and see muscles in my leg twitching...

Before I got my BS sugar down both would happen quite often.

I had all sorts of aches and pains after around 5 weeks on Metformin and Atorvastatin - I stopped the tablets, but it took 18 months for everything to go back to normal, though a lot of the pains went after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back