Leg Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olwyn1975

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, first post ! I’ve been T2 for around 10 years and have recently been experiencing some pain in my lower legs and feet when I sit / lay down, it’s stopping me sleeping. I have no numbness or wounds and no pain when moving around, I have an active job so on my feet all day, however my work shoes are not very supportive. Has anyone experienced this? I’m really hoping it’s not neuropathy thanks in advance.

Welcome @Olwyn1975 🙂 Sorry to hear you’re in pain. It would be worth getting it checked out at the doctor’s if it persists as it could be a number of things. What kind of pain is it? Burning and tingling? Like a pulled muscle? In your joints? When did you last have your feet checked?

Hi, first post ! I’ve been T2 for around 10 years and have recently been experiencing some pain in my lower legs and feet when I sit / lay down, it’s stopping me sleeping. I have no numbness or wounds and no pain when moving around, I have an active job so on my feet all day, however my work shoes are not very supportive. Has anyone experienced this? I’m really hoping it’s not neuropathy thanks in advance.
Hi, I am getting the same thing, really disrupts sleep. Doctors have not helped at all but it’s now getting worse.

Welcome @Olwyn1975 🙂 Sorry to hear you’re in pain. It would be worth getting it checked out at the doctor’s if it persists as it could be a number of things. What kind of pain is it? Burning and tingling? Like a pulled muscle? In your joints? When did you last have your feet checked?
Hi, I’ve just had my feet checked, no neuropathy thank goodness but I’ve also just had my bloods done and I’m B12 deficient so I’ve been given pills . Fingers crossed they help
Hi, I am getting the same thing, really disrupts sleep. Doctors have not helped at all but it’s now getting worse.
Hi, I’ve found that Hemp Cream eased the burning slightly and I’ve been keeping a diary on what I’m eating/drinking. I’ve discovered that if I drink a lot of Coke Zero, the pain is considerably worse, maybe just a coincidence as when I’m drinking it at the weekend , I’m less active. I think a combination of high Blood sugar, low B12 and lazy weekends are major factors for me.
Have you had your bloods done recently? .

Hi, I’ve just had my feet checked, no neuropathy thank goodness but I’ve also just had my bloods done and I’m B12 deficient so I’ve been given pills . Fingers crossed they help

Hi, I’ve found that Hemp Cream eased the burning slightly and I’ve been keeping a diary on what I’m eating/drinking. I’ve discovered that if I drink a lot of Coke Zero, the pain is considerably worse, maybe just a coincidence as when I’m drinking it at the weekend , I’m less active. I think a combination of high Blood sugar, low B12 and lazy weekends are major factors for me.

Good news that you’ve found an answer @Olwyn1975 How low was your B12? Did they offer injections or just tablets?

If you are taking metformin then the problem of low B12 can be caused by poor absorption from foods, if that is the case then B12 injections would normally be required as the same problem of absorption would apply with tablets.
Otherwise there are many foods which will help and be Ok for blood glucose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back