Leg pain query answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks to all who responded to my question some time ago. Saw GP today and after all sorts of odd exercises he diagnosed sciatica. He said it may be caused by a slipped disc (how on earth have I done that?) and might need an MRI scan, but he didn't think I needed an "emergency scan". I was sitting there saying - er no, I'm not an emergency, just a bad leg!!!!!

So I've got strong anti-inflammatries (spelling?) and see how it goes but I think he was really wanting to refer me for further investigations. Had enough of all these appointments lately, am sick of doctors, hospitals, appointments, blood tests, flu jabs - LEAVE ME ALONE!

There's just no end to it sometimes is there?

Glad you managed to see the GP. Slipped discs are norally very painful. Even if you go for a string of tests and x-rays, you do at least know what's causing the pain and you can now work towards pain releif. Anti inflamatories (not sure of spelling either) help with a whole variety of things, so should work well for you.

Thanks Caroline, I have to say that I've just had the best night's sleep in a long time, feeling happier already!

Glad you are feeling better. A good nights sleep is part of the 'cure'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back