leg muscle spasms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Anyone get very hard to describe like the skin bone n muscles locking snd if you go to move the pain stops you. You can neither be comfortable or move it to get better. Or am i weird n no one knows what i am talking about. It scares me , puts me off going to bed . Tonight its happened in the chair before ive got there. it hurts the leg yet it don’t feel like my leg wither.
Can I do anything to stop this?

It sounds like cramp to me where the muscle goes into spasm and seizes solid and makes you scream with the pain and you know you need to move and stretch it but that hurts too, but I assume you know what cramp is and it isn't that, so I am not sure what else it could be.

It sounds like cramp to me where the muscle goes into spasm and seizes solid and makes you scream with the pain and you know you need to move and stretch it but that hurts too, but I assume you know what cramp is and it isn't that, so I am not sure what else it could be.
Thanks , it might just still be that but not my usual ball like cramp . No this feel like someone is torturing my bones Its like the foot is dropped too Cramp as I say usually nake ne feel a lump and you feel that lump after . Now i just know i have a bone there. . i am lying with my feet flat on bed n knees bent. Sore stretching . im weary and fed up with this .

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? A vitamin D deficiency can cause bone pain. I think you need to speak to your doctor about it.

yes on a high dose of vit D . Had bloods done to check again today and for Calcium .
Shoild have results soon. Folic acid was low too. Red blood cells were high. A month ago.
So yes i am under Gp for a month now but no idea how to cope.
Feeling a bit anxious over it as could be anything.

I had low calcium and vitamin D last year and was put on the prescribed high dose supplement. I had bone pain for a week or two afterwards. Maybe it is the bones regenerating a bit like the nerves do when you start to lower your BG levels and you get a temporary neuropathy.

I had low calcium and vitamin D last year and was put on the prescribed high dose supplement. I had bone pain for a week or two afterwards. Maybe it is the bones regenerating a bit like the nerves do when you start to lower your BG levels and you get a temporary neuropathy.
I hope you are correct. I am having a 2 Strong Vit D for two days a week tgen about a months now then i go on one a day but this seems worse tonight. I have not done too much either. It is stoping me driving as shin pain comes. I gave gad restless legs for years but this now . All I cannsay is scaring me. i hope ypu are right and that it will leave me.

@Nayshiftin - might be an idea to have your electrolytes checked.

I had LOTS of spasm issues when my GP was attempting to find a BP medication to help me. The spasms were, in my case, caused by my electrolytes getting out of whack.

Wonky electrolytes can happen for loads of reasons, but it is a really simple thing to discount.

@Nayshiftin - might be an idea to have your electrolytes checked.

I had LOTS of spasm issues when my GP was attempting to find a BP medication to help me. The spasms were, in my case, caused by my electrolytes getting out of whack.

Wonky electrolytes can happen for loads of reasons, but it is a really simple thing to discount.
yes , I hope my Gp has discounted those. Folic Acid n Vit D was what J was given last month . i thought it was lessoning but last night was the worst attack . So its not improved it thus far.
I have been very hot again overnight too. Long past the menopause so not feeling confident yo know thats another neuropathy sign.

Last edited:
I take B12 as a supplement and haven't had any cramps in my legs since I started. I used to get quite a few beforehand.

This is not normsl cramp that leaves a tight ball in the muscle. It distorts and takes time to let the limb relax to normal shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back