Leg ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemase

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
These last few weeks I have been feeling an almost constant aching in my feet, ankles and lower legs.
I work 12 hour shifts and have been putting it down to being on my feet for that amount of time. However, I have been on holiday for the last five days and still the aching and tiredness are there.
I notice it more when I am sat down or driving as well. I was wondering if this is related to my diabetes. I have not seen my diabetes nurse since April as she is on long term illness so not had feet checked for a while. Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks, Hemase.

Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we get hit and keep moving forward.

These last few weeks I have been feeling an almost constant aching in my feet, ankles and lower legs.
I work 12 hour shifts and have been putting it down to being on my feet for that amount of time. However, I have been on holiday for the last five days and still the aching and tiredness are there.
I notice it more when I am sat down or driving as well. I was wondering if this is related to my diabetes. I have not seen my diabetes nurse since April as she is on long term illness so not had feet checked for a while. Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks, Hemase.
From all I've read, I suggest you get your feet checked. How's your blood glucose been?

can you not see anybody else at surgery? i would suggest a sensitivity test on your feet again as often and especially 8 month since you last had one they may be changes, maybe try some creams on your feet peppermint foot rub is really good

Make an appointment to see the doctor. It MIGHT be diabetes related or it might be something else. Hubby who has osteoarthritis is very affected by cold damp weather, but see doc to rule verything else out. It might just be that you need a diffeerent type of shoes or new shoes.

Cheers guys, will ring for appointment now. Blood sugars been ok last few times I checked. Was told to only see someone else if I had a problem. Guess this qualifies.

Its not about how hard we hit, its how hard we get hit and keep moving forward- Rocky Balboa.

Just rang for an appointment- first available is the 30th of November. Hope its nothing serious.

Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we get hit and keep moving forward- Rocky Balboa.

if it is too painful and you can't wait so long for the doctor you can always go to A&E, or phone up NHS Direct for advice. Seems quite along time to wait for a doctors appointment, but it is the same with my doctor too.

Its not overly painful; more of a constant dull ache. I'm going to try again in morning and see if they have had any cancellations.
The more I think about things the more little things keep coming to mind- headaches and general tiredness for the last month or so. I have ignored the headaches as I used to suffer with them before but you never know.
I am also due to start four 12 hour nightshifts tommorow and these are normally pretty gruelling. There is a NHS walk in centre in the next town over- might give that a try.

Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we can get hit and keep moving forward- Rocky Balboa

Its not overly painful; more of a constant dull ache. I'm going to try again in morning and see if they have had any cancellations.
The more I think about things the more little things keep coming to mind- headaches and general tiredness for the last month or so. I have ignored the headaches as I used to suffer with them before but you never know.
I am also due to start four 12 hour nightshifts tommorow and these are normally pretty gruelling. There is a NHS walk in centre in the next town over- might give that a try.

At least you have options. I hope you feel better soon. As a general thought, during the darker months we tend to notice aches and pains more and want to sleep more, it could be as simple as that. I hope you feel better soon

Have woken up this morning and my feet are extremely sensitive to the touch. Feel like I have been on a ten mile hike.
I have managed to blag my way into the doctors this morning so hopefully will know where I stand by dinnertime.

Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we get hit and keep moving forward- Rocky Balboa

if it is too painful and you can't wait so long for the doctor you can always go to A&E, or phone up NHS Direct for advice. Seems quite along time to wait for a doctors appointment, but it is the same with my doctor too.

I wouldn't advise going to A&E for non emergencies. NHS direct or a walk in centre would be a good idea though.

I hope that your appointment goes well and you gets some answers/ reassurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back