Left over meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabeticJames

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all.

Hope all are well, recently had a phone call with nurse after having a blood test and she said I was a 7 and am now a 5(guessing thats HbA1c).

Now in a position to come off my once weekly injection(dulaglutide) with the aim if bloods are good at coming off metformin in 3 months time.

I have left over injections, one open box and a sealed box, anyone know what I can do with these, do I return them to pharmacy or would they just need to go in sharps box?

Thanks in advance
James

I’d keep them in the fridge in case coming off the injections doesn’t work and you need to restart them again

And eventually if you still don't need them - return them to the pharmacy for disposal.

Unfortunately any medication even sealed boxes etc cannot be reused if returned to the pharmacy and have to be destroyed so you might as well hang onto them for now and see how you get on, but many congratulations on your reduction in HbA1c.

Unfortunately any medication even sealed boxes etc cannot be reused if returned to the pharmacy and have to be destroyed so you might as well hang onto them for now and see how you get on, but many congratulations on your reduction in HbA1c.
Great thank you, will do that, yes seem to be getting somewhere.

will keep hold just in case, hoping to be able to do it with diet alone but will see what comes.

Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back