Left my FlexLink Inserter at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We've just been away for a few days and I needed to insert a new cannula. No problem I thought because when I went through my packing list OH confirmed that we had two inserters...130 miles away from home I found that we didn't have any!!!! Not easy to insert the cannula easily and take off the cover covering the adhesive bit. First cannula felt very strange and failed....as discovered when my Libre showed that I'd shot up to 18. But in all fairness when I put it in the skin felt "grisly" (apologies from the graphic description). Second cannula was manually inserted and it worked perfectly with absolutely no pain upon insertion 🙂

Wow, well done. I don't know how I'd manage without the inserter. It lives in my medical bag: an ancient toilet bag that accompanies me on all travels and lives in my bedside table when at home.

Well done with being so organised 🙂

Well it's a bit of a faff, but you have to insert the 'angled' ones manually anyway so it is certainly possible. It's just that we get UN used to doing it!

Exactly TW. I was just so nervous, which was ridiculous. Then I just jabbed it in:D

Thank you Hobie. We went to Cleethorpes where my Mum and Dad live and stayed in the Premier Inn. We had a good combination of having much needed sleep and relaxation and spending time with them 🙂

Thank you Hobie. We went to Cleethorpes where my Mum and Dad live and stayed in the Premier Inn. We had a good combination of having much needed sleep and relaxation and spending time with them 🙂
Sounds good to me 😎 Cant beat that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back