Learning all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Guys, hope all is well. I am getting there. I felt great on Friday. I decided to have the Nairn Gluten free biscuits (40 percent less sugar), and after I had a few I got the palpatations I reckon it's because it can be my snack of choice, (or the protein bars) , and the tracker goes off (over 120bpm for past 10 minutes). I realise it could be a combo of things too. I am aware I can't eat nuts, and too much oats isn't good for me either. So, I can be wary of seeds too. Yesterday evening, after work, I decided to have chicken nugget and chips ( I just wanted a hot dish straight after work). Needless to say , I felt fine last night , but awoke feeling quite anxious. I have to realise to leave some of those foods alone. They do nothing for my mood and well being.
Oh well onwards and upwards. To lessen the discomfort I feel when I get palpatations - I looked it up, they are harmless, and can be down to food sensitivities - it just means you are aware of your heartbeats. And you can feel it sometimes in the throat too. So, will look to see what combats that.

Hi Guys, hope all is well. I am getting there. I felt great on Friday. I decided to have the Nairn Gluten free biscuits (40 percent less sugar), and after I had a few I got the palpatations I reckon it's because it can be my snack of choice, (or the protein bars) , and the tracker goes off (over 120bpm for past 10 minutes). I realise it could be a combo of things too. I am aware I can't eat nuts, and too much oats isn't good for me either. So, I can be wary of seeds too. Yesterday evening, after work, I decided to have chicken nugget and chips ( I just wanted a hot dish straight after work). Needless to say , I felt fine last night , but awoke feeling quite anxious. I have to realise to leave some of those foods alone. They do nothing for my mood and well being.
Oh well onwards and upwards. To lessen the discomfort I feel when I get palpatations - I looked it up, they are harmless, and can be down to food sensitivities - it just means you are aware of your heartbeats. And you can feel it sometimes in the throat too. So, will look to see what combats that.
My other half used to get palpitations from being on amlodipine which I notice you are taking.
Beware of things which say so many % less sugar as they may have artificial sweeteners which some people find can cause side effects but they are not guaranteed to be low carb.
Just had a look 6.6g carb per biscuit so not too bad, depends on how many you had.

Cheers, I had a good few (big mistake). I used to take anti histamines. But I stopped those in 2021, when I found out they increase blood pressure. Funny enough last week on holiday, I was totally different, thoroughly enjoyed myself. I know that I have some food sensitivities (crisps, nuts, oats, some spices). It is just a stumble. I notice that happens a wee bit. Feel better, mood too, then something happens... This anxiety/depression episode episode will pass.... But it sure is lingering a tad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back