Laziness blamed for our lard, not diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Soft drinks and fast food are not causing the obesity epidemic - laziness is the real grim reaper.

American professor Stephen Blair, who makes a habit of controversial statements challenging the conventional health establishment's views, made his latest statement while in New Zealand to give a lecture on exercise at the University of Auckland.

He is the same professor who caused an outcry among dietitians and cardiologists for saying it is better to be fat and fit than skinny and lazy. In his words: ?Fitness trumps fatness.?

He makes no apologies for the stir caused among health professionals.

?You've been sold that sugar is the source of all evil. The notion sugar is toxic, sugar is bad, sugar is poison is out there all the time, even more than tobacco, cocaine and heroin.?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/7463150/Laziness-blamed-for-our-lard-not-diet

My response to this is simple - it's a combination of both that causes obesity (bad diet and lack of excercise) - simples!🙂

My response to this is simple - it's a combination of both that causes obesity (bad diet and lack of excercise) - simples!🙂

Exactly! We are complex entities - you can't just improve on one area and neglect another! 🙂

That's exactly what i thought Northerner - and he's probably getting paid megabucks for this. I don't eat Mcdonalds very often so when i do have the odd one i won't feel that guilty about it and just enjoy it.

Are you looking forward to Kate Bush tonight? 🙂

That's exactly what i thought Northerner - and he's probably getting paid megabucks for this. I don't eat Mcdonalds very often so when i do have the odd one i won't feel that guilty about it and just enjoy it.

Are you looking forward to Kate Bush tonight? 🙂

Definitely! Although it hasn't been confirmed yet - but if it's a celebration of 50 years of British music then they couldn't possibly leave her out! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back