Latest test Hba1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm not due to see the practice nurse until next week, but could not resist asking about my latest blood test results as I had to call in at the surgery. I did not really know what to expect, as I have been - I thought - fairly relaxed about my diet. There has been chocolate, there have been strawberries and cream, and cream in my coffee. No grain, potatoes or legumes other than peas and green beans. There have been melons, grapes and other fruits, in modest amounts, but no bananas or citrus fruits and lots of vegetables and salad stuff.

The receptionist did tell me some of the numbers, but I was so riveted by one of them that the rest just floated over my head.

Hba1c is 41.

Oh joy

Oh what a fantastic result Drummer 🙂
Excellent Very well done.

Well done x

Well done, wish my numbers were like that.

Fantastic. Well done.

Great news Drummer - I guess you're floating on cloud nine 🙂 well done you! x
WL

I'm not due to see the practice nurse until next week, but could not resist asking about my latest blood test results as I had to call in at the surgery. I did not really know what to expect, as I have been - I thought - fairly relaxed about my diet. There has been chocolate, there have been strawberries and cream, and cream in my coffee. No grain, potatoes or legumes other than peas and green beans. There have been melons, grapes and other fruits, in modest amounts, but no bananas or citrus fruits and lots of vegetables and salad stuff.

The receptionist did tell me some of the numbers, but I was so riveted by one of them that the rest just floated over my head.

Hba1c is 41.

Oh joy
WOW Drummer...fantastic result...well done you!

Thank you all - I think that I am lucky to have seen such good results so quickly, but it is shocking to me that I am going against all the guidance I had on diet and medication, I am loving the diet, and feel that I can stick to it for good and ever.
The only temptation is fruit, and I will be testing how I cope with a couple of apples off my trees in the back garden once they ripen in the Autumn. I might try picking and freezing them as they are small and organically grown. If picked as soon as they are ripe enough but not as sugary as they get it might be OK - they are small in size too. I will see. There was that TV program recently where a youngster benefited from cooked apple and cinnamon - plus supplements, so I will experiment.
It might be too optimistic to hope for reversal, but able to cope with a few more carbs a day is perhaps a possibility - something to look forward to.

Congrats. Good work. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back