Humza

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

14th April 2021- 13.1% 120mmol

27th July 2021 8.9% 74mmol

18 Nov 2021 9.1% 76mmol

21 Feb 2022 8.1% 65mmol

I am not taking any meds. I feel great... Dr is telling me I need to start statins and metformin but I don't want to.I am watching my food and actively go to the gym. Haven't actually felt this well in years.

What would you all advise.

Cheers!

Hi all

14th April 2021- 13.1% 120mmol

27th July 2021 8.9% 74mmol

18 Nov 2021 9.1% 76mmol

21 Feb 2022 8.1% 65mmol

I am not taking any meds. I feel great... Dr is telling me I need to start statins and metformin but I don't want to.I am watching my food and actively go to the gym. Haven't actually felt this well in years.

What would you all advise.

Cheers!
65mmol/mol is still pretty high but you have done well to start to get it down but you probably need to tighten up on your diet if you want to avoid having to take any meds. It will not be doing you much good to be still having that high level.
You might find this link helpful in giving a new perspective on your dietary regime.
I am gobsmacked that you were not put on medication initially with that very high HbA1C but good on you for getting down to where you are.

65mmol/mol is still pretty high but you have done well to start to get it down but you probably need to tighten up on your diet if you want to avoid having to take any meds. It will not be doing you much good to be still having that high level.
You might find this link helpful in giving a new perspective on your dietary regime.
I am gobsmacked that you were not put on medication initially with that very high HbA1C but good on you for getting down to where you are.
Thanks @Leadinglights I really don't want to start metaformin.. Ill continue with diet and hopefully in 3 months bring it down to 7 or under 🙂

Thanks @Leadinglights I really don't want to start metaformin.. Ill continue with diet and hopefully in 3 months bring it down to 7 or under 🙂
Hi @Humza you've done really well to bring your blood glucose level down. To go further I suspect you need to focus on the amount of carbs in each meal, and the type, seeking out the lower glycemic index carbs and reducing carb intake where you can. Re exercise, be mindful that for some people it's gentler exercise that brings blood glucose down, rather than strenuous. Good luck! Nick

Well done, if you can do it with diet and no Metformin you may need to start counting your carbs as mentioned above. I didn't want to take statins as I don't have high cholesterol but doc says they can protect the heart from other problems too. I tried 3 before I found one that wouldn't give me a headache.

I didn't want to take the metformin but my cousin is a GP and he did point out it can help your body use the insulin it has better, and it has cardiovascular protective effects. I have lost 10.5 kg in 95 days and my HbA1c has fallen. waiting for another test asap. TAking metformin is not a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back