Latest hba1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules77

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just left a doctor's appointment for my diabetic review and my results are 64 hba1c my previous result was 90 so I have come improved I'm going in the right direction they have had another tablet in as well as my insulin so hopefully I can reduce my insulin I have got B12 deficiency which could be the reason why I have pins and needles and anxiety and low mood so hopefully no I'm going to start taking supplements and I feel better about things

You might need injections rather than oral supplements for the B12 deficiency. It is often due to absorption problem rather than an intake problem. Hopefully they will monitor it and if oral supplements don't work then they will start injections, but it is certainly a plausible reason for your nerve problems so fingers crossed it is a simple fix.
Many congrats on your HbA1c reduction! Great news!

Just left a doctor's appointment for my diabetic review and my results are 64 hba1c my previous result was 90 so I have come improved I'm going in the right direction they have had another tablet in as well as my insulin so hopefully I can reduce my insulin I have got B12 deficiency which could be the reason why I have pins and needles and anxiety and low mood so hopefully no I'm going to start taking supplements and I feel better about things
well done on the lowering of your HBA1C level, thats really good. Can I ask is the vitamin B12 check the same blood test labelled as Serum Folate? I had this test as they forgot it originally and my level was 4.25 not sure what that means as no guidance on normal levels given with it. Can you eat B12 food groups too, although I beleive Metformin can reduce the effectiveness of ingesting it orally and like others have said an injection may be the best route. Well done on the result though thats brilliant news

Congratulations and well done on your lower HbA1c. As @rebrascora said you may need to have injections for the B12 deficiency, my sister has had to have them for years now and now knows from how she is feeling to when its due without looking at calendar.

B12 is differnt my was written on the request from as an addition, when I had mine checked last month.

Hi jules

Well done! Congratulations. It is difficult but am glad your doing well. My first review is in October.

What’s been your daily meals if you don’t mind me asking?

well done on the lowering of your HBA1C level, thats really good. Can I ask is the vitamin B12 check the same blood test labelled as Serum Folate? I had this test as they forgot it originally and my level was 4.25 not sure what that means as no guidance on normal levels given with it. Can you eat B12 food groups too, although I beleive Metformin can reduce the effectiveness of ingesting it orally and like others have said an injection may be the best route. Well done on the result though thats brilliant news
Not sure tbh, all I know is they said my folate was low

Hi jules

Well done! Congratulations. It is difficult but am glad your doing well. My first review is in October.

What’s been your daily meals if you don’t mind me asking?
Well because of my job I hardly eat in the day and binge when I get home so that's why I have poor control but I am planning to choose healthier meals like chicken and veg and smaller carb portions

Awww jules. Hopefully you will start eating set meals. Am dreading going back to work as am so worried about becoming so tired during the day. I want to get the meals and any snacks right so I feel ok.

Thanks for getting back to me. This journey can be so lonely at times but it’s nice that we encourage each other .

Awww jules. Hopefully you will start eating set meals. Am dreading going back to work as am so worried about becoming so tired during the day. I want to get the meals and any snacks right so I feel ok.

Thanks for getting back to me. This journey can be so lonely at times but it’s nice that we encourage each other .
I have only just joined this forum and can honestly say it's been really comforting, I struggle with diabetes and it affects my mental health it's nice not too feel alone I feel like I have new friend lol x

I was given folic acid tablets as mine was low which I think may have been as a result of reducing foods which are supplemented with folate like cereals and bread.
I have been told to buy over the counter supplements but not sure what to get tbh.

B12 is differnt my was written on the request from as an addition, when I had mine checked last month.
The text from GP said low folic folate but when I went today she said B12

I have been told to buy over the counter supplements but not sure what to get tbh.
Often over the counter ones are not necessarily a high enough dose to correct low levels but once brought back to normal with higher dose on prescription then the over counter ones would be ok for maintenance level.
Cobalamin can be prescribed for low B12 as long as it is not absorption which is the problem in which case injections may be required.

The text from GP said low folic folate but when I went today she said B12
My manager had the same test for folate and was told her B12 was low too thats what has confused me as others are saying its a seperate test, maybe low folate goes hand in hand with low B12 so if you have one you will have the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back