Latest HbA1C result

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchsi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Evening,
Just had my latest HbA1C come back as 47, down from 84 when hospitalised for dka 4 months ago. Hard to believe how much things have changed these last months!
Kinda pleased with the 47 but shows how more has to be done to get it below diabetes level.
At least the slight retinopathy that was noted looks to have cleared up.
Onwards and upwards (or should be downwards 🙂 )

Well done with that drop. 47 is actually at the top end of pre-diabetic, so you're below the diabetes threshold. Keep doing what you're doing and there's every chance you could find yourself back into normal (below 42) at your next HbA1c.

Congratulations on a great result!

To be honest anything under mid 50s for a Type 1 is a great result.
I have only ever managed to get as low as 45 and to be honest I hypo a little too much in achieving that or at least I do according to Libre, which actually reads about 1mmol lower than BG for me, so it makes my % below range look worse than it is.

Anyway, it is a great result so you have every right to be extremely proud of yourself.

Well done!

Yes, very well done.

Well done with that drop. 47 is actually at the top end of pre-diabetic, so you're below the diabetes threshold. Keep doing what you're doing and there's every chance you could find yourself back into normal (below 42) at your next HbA1c.
Yeah that’s the aim - thanks
Just need to keep the average down a bit.

Congratulations on a great result!

To be honest anything under mid 50s for a Type 1 is a great result.
I have only ever managed to get as low as 45 and to be honest I hypo a little too much in achieving that or at least I do according to Libre, which actually reads about 1mmol lower than BG for me, so it makes my % below range look worse than it is.

Anyway, it is a great result so you have every right to be extremely proud of yourself.
Thanks Barbara, I was talked to by the dsn about too many hypos so kept myself a little higher.

Thanks folks, I expected to be in that region (although very relieved to see it!) and actually despite a lot of people saying libre2 figure was 10mmol higher it was spot on for me.
Despite Xmas I look forward to the next test.
Cholesterol should be back soon as well

Awesome progress there, well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back