Latest Hb1c Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve711

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed on April 20th with an Hb1c of 99 and July we got to 63 and now September 48.

Obviously pleased its gone down but a bit disappointed its not low enough yet.

If i carry on doing what i am is it likely after five months to drop further or will i need to cut the carbs even more.

I was diagnosed on April 20th with an Hb1c of 99 and July we got to 63 and now September 48.

If i carry on doing what i am is it likely after five months to drop further or will i need to cut the carbs even more.
It rather depends on how you have got to where you are now.
I used my meter to find out how to keep my after meal levels under 8, then kept to the same menu and saw the levels continuing to fall little by little - a recovery phase I suspect.
I have just been told to reduce my Thyroxine yet again - I am coming up to 5 years from diagnosis and my weight is still drifting downwards, and apparently I am showing general improvements.
I was taking 200 micrograms of Thyroxine at one time, now it is down to 125 - but this is not something diagnosed recently.

I should not be disappointed at that result, you have done amazingly well to get down from what was a pretty high level, slow and steady is better as you are less likely to suffer issues from reducing blood glucose too quickly that some people get.
Clearly what you have been doing has worked for you.

Hi Steve, well done on your results!

I always celebrate even the smallest change as it's not easy for many people and the fact that you've come so far should be commended.

It shows that you've found what works for you so now it might just mean a few tweaks and adjustments. It's a lifestyle change so slow and steady is useful in the long term.

I used my meter to find out how to keep my after meal levels under 8, then kept to the same menu and saw the levels continuing to fall little by little - a recovery phase I suspect.
I have just been told to reduce my Thyroxine yet again - I am coming up to 5 years from diagnosis and my weight is still drifting downwards, and apparently I am showing general improvements.
I was taking 200 micrograms of Thyroxine at one time, now it is down to 125 - but this is not something diagnosed recently.
I used to be on 200mcg thyroxine and in the last 2 years have been dropped to 100 msg.

Many thanks Drummer

I think this is my next step in my journey did you check before each meal and then two hours after ?

Many thanks Drummer

I think this is my next step in my journey did you check before each meal and then two hours after ?
I did at first - but as my pre meal numbers came down I stopped checking every day, then I didn't need to check at all after breakfast as that was my lowest carb meal and did not get a reaction above 9, and when I checked after a few days it had reduced to under 8mmol/l so I concentrated on later meals.

Great stuff @Steve711

A gradual descent is much easier on the body, so try not to feel too disappointed that your levels are coming down gently 🙂

I would think that your results should continue to reduce if you continue with the things you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back