Latest HB1Ac result was T2 diagnosed in Jan 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon.Star8

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone will read this as it’s been a while since I posted! But again just wanted to post in case anyone is feeling lost and scared just like I did back in Jan 22! It gets better and you aren’t alone

Had my annual review test even though I was only diagnosed in jan 22 and My hb1ac is now 46 and I have 5 stone lost in total now 3 since diagnosis.I know that I am still T2 but at the lower end now possibly unless I have mixed up my numbers.

I am still on 2 SR metformin but have a review of my results on Friday this week.

For anyone new reading in jan 22 I started with a reading of 106 or 107 or maybe 108 I can’t really recall I just know it was v high!

Many congratulations on what is an absolutely incredible result. The HbA1c result is actually in the "at risk of diabetes" range of 42-47 so actually below diabetes diagnosis level although obviously that doesn't mean you are cured but doing incredibly well. And what fantastic weight loss too. I am sure you must feel great for not lugging all that extra body mass around with you. Easier on your joints etc. Really REALLY WELL DONE!! I hope your nurse/GP is suitably impressed with your achievement and that you are able to maintain such wonderful progress.
Thanks for posting as I am sure it will be inspirational for many others particularly as you say at the start of the journey when it can be really scary and overwhelming.

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone will read this as it’s been a while since I posted! But again just wanted to post in case anyone is feeling lost and scared just like I did back in Jan 22! It gets better and you aren’t alone

Had my annual review test even though I was only diagnosed in jan 22 and My hb1ac is now 46 and I have 5 stone lost in total now 3 since diagnosis.I know that I am still T2 but at the lower end now possibly unless I have mixed up my numbers.

I am still on 2 SR metformin but have a review of my results on Friday this week.

For anyone new reading in jan 22 I started with a reading of 106 or 107 or maybe 108 I can’t really recall I just know it was v high!
Congratulations and well done on your weight loss and reducing your HbA1c to 46!

Well done! That's a great achievement

Thanks for the update @Moon.Star8 and what an inspiring transformation you have managed!

Hope the review goes well today, and huge congratulations on your weight loss and HbA1c 🙂 🙂 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back