Last night was bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catwoman76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everybody yesterday i felt sick and queasy all day after getting on the bus to my dad's. Last night i woke up on my lounge floor at 12 05am, i was lying in vomit(sorry)! i felt so unwell i checked my blood sugar it was 2.4, i phoned my surgery and an ambulance was sent round. My blood sugars gradually went up to 5.5 i was told not to have night time insulin and i went to bed at 2.30am.This morning my blood sugar was flashing Hi and now it is 10.2. Still feeling a bit sick today haven't had any pain or anything else. Maybe it's just one of those unexplained blips that we sometimes have. Has anyone suffered anything like this before or does anyone know anything about this, i was worried, because my 9yr old was asleep upstairs and also we planned to go out for the day today, but that has been put on hold. My daughter's been great. Sheena

you poor thing is there a bug around?? something youd eaten ??

you poor thing is there a bug around?? something youd eaten ??

I felt fine yesterday morning until i got on the bus to my dad's it was only a short journey but i felt queasy all day after that. (My blood sugar was 5.1 when i woke up monday morning). So i am a bit confused about what happened.

I leave the T1 s to come on and help you out sheena xx hope you feel better soon x

Hi Sheena

I had something similar happen to me whilst I was pregnant I fainted after I'd been sick and when I checked my blood sugar level I was having a hypo. I suspect your feeling sick still because of your bg's being high all night and most of today. I would keep a close eye on them for the rest of the day to make sure you don't go low again. Do you know why you had the hypo? x

I hope you are feeling better. One night I woke up with a tummy bug of some kind, but going the opposite way. It lasted 24 hours. It wasn't something I had eaten as I'd had the same as everyone else. Think it was a short lasting virus of some kind, but I felt pretty grotty all next day and kept on light food and plenty of fluids.

Sheena hun hugs xx you poor thing, i hope you feel alot better soon hun.

Hi Sheena

I had something similar happen to me whilst I was pregnant I fainted after I'd been sick and when I checked my blood sugar level I was having a hypo. I suspect your feeling sick still because of your bg's being high all night and most of today. I would keep a close eye on them for the rest of the day to make sure you don't go low again. Do you know why you had the hypo? x

No i don't know why i had hypo, but didn't check sugars before dinner,as i stagger my blood tests,

Hi Sheena ..

Sorry you have'nt been feeling to good .. ((((HUGS)))) .... When the ambulance came last night did they give you a glucogen injection . to raise you out of hypo?? .. these injections can make you feel very sick afterwards.

Heidi
xx🙂

No i don't know why i had hypo, but didn't check sugars before dinner,as i stagger my blood tests,

Sorry you have had a horrible hypo and hope your feeling better now. I wonder wether the fact that you didnt test before you ate had something to do with it? Just wondering if you were low before-hand and then injected there might have been a knock-on effect?🙂Bev

Hi Sheena ..

Sorry you have'nt been feeling to good .. ((((HUGS)))) .... When the ambulance came last night did they give you a glucogen injection . to raise you out of hypo?? .. these injections can make you feel very sick afterwards.

Heidi
xx🙂

No they didn't, they made me eat toast with marmalade, rice crispies and 2 of my glucose tablets

Sorry you have had a horrible hypo and hope your feeling better now. I wonder wether the fact that you didnt test before you ate had something to do with it? Just wondering if you were low before-hand and then injected there might have been a knock-on effect?🙂Bev
It's a possibility, don't know for sure, but vomiting i don't know why that happened don't remember much after 10pm. I would like to thank everybody for their support-you are a great bunchXXXXXXXXX

hope things are better now and you get the day out you'd planned x

Sorry to hear about your hypo, must have been scary.

Hope you feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back