laser treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everybody,
I had another dose of laser treatment on my left eye on the 14th which meant i wasnt able to be tested for magnifiers on the 15th.The opthamologist said my eye would be to inflamed at the back to be tested for magnifiers.Another appointment was made for the 6th oct to be tested for them,I also get to know then whether i need an operation as the laser treatment has now finished.I have,nt been on line for 11 days.I somehow managed to get 14 different viruses in my computer.so it was taken away to be repaired.Its ok now but im s--t scared of getting other viruses i dont know what to click and what not to click on.If anybody could let me know any safety tips for using the internet i would be greatful.

Hello everybody,
I had another dose of laser treatment on my left eye on the 14th which meant i wasnt able to be tested for magnifiers on the 15th.The opthamologist said my eye would be to inflamed at the back to be tested for magnifiers.Another appointment was made for the 6th oct to be tested for them,I also get to know then whether i need an operation as the laser treatment has now finished.I have,nt been on line for 11 days.I somehow managed to get 14 different viruses in my computer.so it was taken away to be repaired.Its ok now but im s--t scared of getting other viruses i dont know what to click and what not to click on.If anybody could let me know any safety tips for using the internet i would be greatful.

Dear whitty,

I hope everything goes well for you on the 6th Oct. Do you have an anti-virus program? I use McAfee and have never been troubled by a virus for years. There are many other anti-virus programs, so it comes down to yearly cost. When I joined McAfee I got a cheap deal, in fact I just changed my licence from 3 to 5 computers and it only cost me ?3.65 for the additional two!

Regards Dodger

hi there whitty nice to see your back and posting , hope all goes well for the 6th they are many anti-virus programs out there mcafee,avast,AVG im sure many of us use one of those you just need to have alook around and see which offer the best protection

Hi Whitty, thanks for updating us about the laser treatment - I hope that all goes well on the 6th🙂

As steff says, there are many anti-virus programs around, some of them free. I use AVG on my desktop and Avast on my laptop. Both are free, and their philosophy is that, if people have frre access to anti-virus programs for home use then this will help to restrict the overall spread of viruses throughout the world's computers - so it is a genuine reason for giving a good product away free.🙂

Hi Whitty , good luck on the 6th :D I hope everything goes well for you.
With regard to anti-virus , I use Avast >> its free , AVG >> free and also Malwarebytes anti malware , also free 🙂they are all very good . I've had a few dead laptops from viruses before I changed from Norton ( grrr) , I've got one that has a complete blue screen and you cant click off unless you give credit card details >> as if 🙄 If in doubt dont click on anything!!! and try and switch off if anything pops up , and obviously never give any credit details , even if it says its sending your passwords etc to another source , thats one of the oldest tricks in the books 😡

Whitty, I wouldn't use AVG Free these days, it doesn't work so well since they started piling in the adware. I use Avast, which is great and Adaware, another good option is Comodo, all of these have good quality free versions. There's a site called download.com where you can find all kinds of useful things. Also, if you're using IE whatever, I'd consider swapping it for something like Firefox or Google Chrome.

Good luck for the 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back