laser treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hello everybody.
I had my left eye lasered on thursday,ive got to go back again for one more session and then thats it for laser treatment,If anything goes wrong after my last session then i have to have an operation.Hopefully it wont come to that.I had 6 sessions of laser on my right eye in 1990 and so far touch wood it has been ok since.I go to be tested for magnifiers on 15 sep and i forgot to ask on thurs what they are.It sounds like they are some kind of magnifying glasses.Opthalmologist said at my last appointment i would be tested for and if need be measured for them.Oh well just have to wait and see what happens on the 15th.

hi whitty and do you feel it all went well then ? good luck for the 15th xx

Last edited:
magnifiers - possible explanation

Some people with sight problems use clear plastic sheets, which can be laid over a sheet of paper to magnify text / images. There are also magnifying sheets which can be hung in front of a computer screen. That might be what "they" mean by "magnifiers".

I hope that you get a successful result Whitty, and don't have to have any operation. good luck for the 15th

I hope all goes well for you on the 15th.

I know the magnifiers mentioned by someone else, I use a small one About the size or a little bigger than a book mark as it is only one or two lines that need clearing up), at work where I sometimes have to read very small or unclear print, and I have the option of using a magnfier over my computer screen if I want it, but most of the time find increasing the font size is suffieicent.

Hi Whitty,

Really hope all goes well on the 15th, and you don't need the op!

Fingers crossed! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back