laser treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So i have just had a second round of laser treatment for retinopathy i have looked at previous posts and the are all of a positive nature , Unfortunately i seem to find this procedure extremely uncomfortable , upon receipt of treatment the first time i could hear a cracking/clicking noise in the back of my skull when he fired the device and could feel pressure building inside my ears resulting in a painful headache and feeling of nausea. we tried again today and the results were the same to the point where we had to stop serveral times and i could see the consultant was becoming frustrated. End result is that i will have to go back and have it done in theatre??? what does this involve ? I am and work in construction and over the years have struck my hands with hammers etc (occupational hazard) and have broken bones in the past so i feel i have a high tolerance to pain and discomfort, but this procedure has really done me in , i think i have a higher degree of photosensitivity as i need complete darkness to sleep etc and my night vision is poor, I found the intensity of the examiniation light uncomfortable and had to ask for its ferocity to be dialed down has anyone else had an adverse reaction such as this? as when i research the procedure everyone suggests its painfree and a walk in the park! could my reaction be a signal to some sort of neurological problem that needs further investigation? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back