Laser Treatment Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark woodcock

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetic Type 1, 32 years, Proliferative Retinopathy in both eyes had retinal screening and was advised to have laser treatment - no thank you, all those side effects, I have found a clinic at Moorfields that offer's Injections into the eye for ?400.00 a time sounds exspensive but compare that to having two thirds of your eyes burnt out with a laser and it suddenly seems appealing. Had the first injection and suprisingly having the injection into your eye is not bad at all shame its not availible on the NHS but at least it gives Diabetics with eye conditions a choice and the clinical trials state its four times more effective than laser.

Mark, I have had 3 sessions of laser treatment with no side effects at all. I don't find the treatment particularly enjoyable but there isn't any amount of money that would make me have an injection in my eyes. For me, the laser has worked a treat and I can see to read without glasses and drive (with glasses) without any problems.

I think it is a question of finding out what is available, listening to the experts and what others have to say and making an informed choice.

Personally I don't relish the idea of either treatment, but my eye sight is improtant to me. I was advised not to have laser treatment unless it was an emergency, but things are improving treatment wise all the time, so who knows?

At this point it is better to research the options and find which is best for you personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back