Laser retinotheraphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorecarbs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have just had my first laser treatment on the top half of both eyes,3 days later my head seem fuzzy,is this because my eyes are not focusing properly,how long does it take to get back to normal,and is there anything I shouldn’t be doing.

Hi @nomorecarbs

Sorry to hear you've had to have laser for retinopathy. I hope things are starting to settle.

I found my eyes were very gritty and light sensitive for a few days afterwards. I felt dazzled, my sight was blurred
and I struggled to focus. It did improve over a number of days and this information from diabetic retinopathy site is useful. If you scroll down the page there's a section on 'After the laser' & advice on how your eyes may feel after treatment.

Did the clinic give you a leaflet and a contact number in case you had problems or questions afterwards?

Hi @nomorecarbs

Sorry to hear you've had to have laser for retinopathy. I hope things are starting to settle.

I found my eyes were very gritty and light sensitive for a few days afterwards. I felt dazzled, my sight was blurred
and I struggled to focus. It did improve over a number of days and this information from diabetic retinopathy site is useful. If you scroll down the page there's a section on 'After the laser' & advice on how your eyes may feel after treatment.

Did the clinic give you a leaflet and a contact number in case you had problems or questions afterwards?
Thanks for your reply,no the clinic didn’t give me any leaflets just said I would have another appointment in 2 weeks for the bottom half to be lasered,I suppose it is early days as yet,as only had them done wednesday

Thanks for your reply,no the clinic didn’t give me any leaflets just said I would have another appointment in 2 weeks for the bottom half to be lasered,I suppose it is early days as yet,as only had them done wednesday
I hope you soon feel better, have you taken any pain meds as that might help?

Don't forget to inform the DVLA if you are a driver as you have had both eyes lasered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back