'Largest-ever? diabetes awareness campaign to urge high-risk patients to visit GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
People at high risk of of type 2 diabetes will be urged to see their GP to get a blood test under a ?2m campaign run in thousands of pharmacies that will begin next month.

The Diabetes UK campaign - backed by supermarket giant Tesco - will use radio and digital advertising, as well as ?outdoor? publicity, such as on bus routes and in shopping centres, to encourage people to take an online risk assessment at pharmacies and then go to their GP for a blood test if they are deemed to be at risk.

The two-week campaign - the largest the charity has ever run - will be rolled out in September through over 5,000 pharmacies in areas with populations known to be at high risk of type 2 diabetes, in particular those with large black and ethnic minority populations and high levels of deprivation.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinica...-visit-their-gp/20003948.article#.Ugtfq5K2aSo

(free registration required)

Good idea, why is it always left to the charities to get things in the lime light and advertised.

Just hope the ones that get told its worth a trip to the doctor then get the doctors support.

Just hope the ones that get told its worth a trip to the doctor then get the doctors support.

Agreed. It is absolutely appalling the way some people are treated once they are diagnosed. It astounds me that there can be such a wide discrepancy in the quality of care received :(

Agreed. It is absolutely appalling the way some people are treated once they are diagnosed. It astounds me that there can be such a wide discrepancy in the quality of care received :(

Just had another taste of the wide discrepancy within my own GP's practice let alone different counties.

Just had another taste of the wide discrepancy within my own GP's practice let alone different counties.

There are a lot of people who do little or nothing to help manage their diabetes, but what angers me is when people who are trying their best to do everything they can are thwarted by people who know less than they do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back