Lantus star click

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlenz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just a friendly Hi...From friendly I. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 7 years and was on oral meds. Learned a few weeks ago that my insurance will not pay for my oral diabetic drugs so I'm going on Lantus Insulin next week.

Lantus insulin is not paid for either but it's still cheaper then the oral med's. Next week I will start giving myself insulin for the very first time. Have been prescribed the 3 ml cartridges of Lantus.

My doctor told me about the Lantus reusable pen. Has anyone tried it and if so is it any better then the other pens? Any information you could give me would be appreciated very much!

Tlenz

Just a friendly Hi...From friendly I. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 7 years and was on oral meds. Learned a few weeks ago that my insurance will not pay for my oral diabetic drugs so I'm going on Lantus Insulin next week.

Lantus insulin is not paid for either but it's still cheaper then the oral med's. Next week I will start giving myself insulin for the very first time. Have been prescribed the 3 ml cartridges of Lantus.

My doctor told me about the Lantus reusable pen. Has anyone tried it and if so is it any better then the other pens? Any information you could give me would be appreciated very much!

Tlenz

Hi Tlenz, welcome to the forum.

I take it you are not from the UK if you have to pay for your meds.

I'm on Lantus and it comes as standard in a box of 5 prefilled disposable pens called SoloStar. As far as I'm aware it doesn't come in separate cartridges for use in reusable pens.

I may be wrong of course but I've only heard of people using the Solostar disposable pens with Lantus.

Hi Tienz, welcome to the forum 🙂 Where are you from?

Lantus comes in either prefilled pens, as Phil describes, or reusable pens that take cartidges. The reusable pens are the Autopen24 from Owen Mumford (available as 1-21 units dose in 1 unit increments, or 2-42 unit dose in 2 unit increments), or I believe there is a new pen called the Clickstar. 🙂

Last edited:
I would personally use cartridges in a different pen, rather than the pre-filled pens. I use the pre-filled ones and they aren't very good. Novo needles don't go on very easily and they are not very "green", as you can imagine. As northe says, they also go up in increments of 2 so not as flexible as other pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back