Status
Not open for further replies.

New-journey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
hi all,
Wondering what to do as for the first time my lantus has jammed and I still need to have five units. Any idea of how to un jam it? Thanks

Do you have another pen? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that pen, but wouldn't trust one that has jammed to deliver a correct dose, even if I could unjam it.

I just got ianother one out of the fridge, how soon can I use it? Panicking here so good to have your reply

Hiyer, I'm not on lantus I assume like my juice, you only have to wait till its at room temperature, which doesn't take long.

Ps , meant to say I've sometimes warmed mine up by taking the pen cap off and holding the cartridge part of the pen in my hands for about five minutes.

Hiyer, I'm not on lantus I assume like my juice, you only have to wait till its at room temperature, which doesn't take long.

Ps , meant to say I've sometimes warmed mine up by taking the pen cap off and holding the cartridge part of the pen in my hands for about five minutes.
Thanks and it's at room tempature now. I am away today to Romania for two weeks and going to take am extra one with me.

Thanks and it's at room tempature now. I am away today to Romania for two weeks and going to take am extra one with me.
Sorry, just returned to computer! Although lantus might sting a bit more when used directly from the fridge, it can be used straight away, so no worries in future if you find yourself having to do this. Also, delaying having your injection of lantus by an hour or so won't really matter 🙂

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! 🙂

Sorry, just returned to computer! Although lantus might sting a bit more when used directly from the fridge, it can be used straight away, so no worries in future if you find yourself having to do this. Also, delaying having your injection of lantus by an hour or so won't really matter 🙂

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! 🙂
Thanks and think I was stressed anyway! Now all good and relaxed again.

Thanks and it's work, but amazing work and I will take time to breath and walk in the mountains.
Thank goodness for this forum!

Safe journey and enjoy your time there. Don't forget to keep all your insulin and supplies in your hand luggage.

I've used Lantus from fridge no difference. Take the faulty pen back to chemist and ask for a replacement. They have supplied faulty goods.

Is it not a disposable pen? one of a box of 5 ?

Incidentally when going away, take twice as much of everything you need for your diabetes, as you think you will need.

Believe you me - though YES! you do get sick of carting it everywhere but the ONCE you ever don't is precisely the time you are going to need it !

BT, DT, GTTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back