Lantus pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laureny019

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I currently use the Lantus solostar pens and in recent times I've had two occasions where as im injecting, the insulin has started leaking out the sides of the pen .

Used to have this problem with the Lantus cartridges which was why I switched to prefilled pens. Not really worried but was just wondering if this is common or maybe just a random happening ?

Thanks 🙂

I use the solostar and used the Autopen24 for many years and have never had this happen.

I can only imagine the pen (or cartridge before that) must have got damaged in storage or use.

In fact, in 33 years I've never had a leaking cartridge or vial, so it may be that your pharmacist is storing them in some way that damages them or there's something you may do with them that puts stress on the pen perhaps (in a handbag or bag?) ?

Rob

What make/type needles are you using and do you religiously change it every jab?

Some needles are incompatible, usually tells you in little writing near the botton of the short side of the needle box what pens they can be used on.

My son uses Lantus Solostar and he has never had a problem with them.

Solostar user here and never had this problem, take them back to the pharmacy to exchange them and report it to Sanofi who manufactures lantus.

I never reuse needles & the ones I use are BD Microfine, says on the box they can be used with solostar.

Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to tell the manufacturers as all seems to point to it being problem with the batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back